Thread: AMC v8

Default AMC v8

Will an AMC v8 "bolt up"

any body tried a AMC engine

motor mounts bolt pattern...etc

If you mean to the stock bellhousing/trans then the answer is no.

I believe that the frame is the same width as civvy so MM should work, just take the Jeep trans and T case with it or see about an adapter bell
    Is that real money?

I just put an AMC 360 in mine. Fits great, just a little massaging of the firewall on the passenger side.

I had to drill a hole in the motormounts in the center/top to match the bottom hole because i used my 360 motor mounts.

I installed the motor mounts first then droppen the engine in and bolted it all together.

I was able to get an adapter from a mate to match the amc bellhousing to the T98.

Looks good so far but ive yet to put the tranny in. Measurements so far seem to indicate the whole thing is about two inches shorter so a small modification to the jack shaft and tranny mount will probably be in order.

I did bolt up the bellhousing with the motor installed and theres gobs of space without a body lift.

I'll take some photo's and try to post them.

Great post on the AMC 360 swap...thanks for the pics!!

As far as the stock trans/bellhousing mating up to anything, the civvy 230...and I presume the mil one as I dont know of any difference in that area between the 2, can be swapped for the older, flathead 226 straight 6 motor from Jeep. This will bolt to the trans/bellhousing. Dont know on motor mounts...and since the civvy 230 has different mounts from the mil one, I doubt that they interchange that way.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

AWSOME!!
    Thank you for the information

Ok update on the 360 swap. I received the transfer case linkage and installed that yesterday. The trans is about 2 inches forward of its original spot so a little cutting of the sheetmetal is required.

The linkage is long enough to reach if extended and seems to shift fine.

I was able to adapt the stock clutch linkage with a home made bracket to get the clutch to work.

a little testing in the backyard should be fun.