Thread: History on our trucks

Red face History on our trucks

Hey guys, as I've been the proud owner of my m715 for many years now and FINALLY getting to make it a driver I was wondering about the history or life that my truck has lived. Where did it go when it left Toledo? Did it leave Ohio, obviously it did at some point but when??? So my question is, how can I find out? I did talk about it with a semi retired sergeant (I think that's what he said) once, he claimed he had a guy a quarter master of sorts who could maybe look up my vin and delivery date and perhaps get some answers. However I never received any real information... Does anyone know what I need to do? Has anyone else done this?
    PS I will be stripping the paint at some point (rust!!!) (See my other threads) and certainly looking for any markings. But this M715 has a layer of black spray paint, a layer of heavy yellow and then at least one of military green...
    Thanks in advance!!!

Go to SteelSoldiers.com. You'll have to register, but it's free. Search stickies for VIN search. Follow the instructions carefully. They might be able to find something if your truck was in the service into late 70's or later.

They couldn't find anything for my M715 or first M726. They did have records for my M725 ambulance.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

If you are referencing Carnac's searches then that is a dead end as he is no longer doing the vin searches.

Bikeman took over for Carnac on SteelSoldiers.
    Roy

Here is the link to the new thread:
    http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...ad-Please-Read
    Roy

I plan on figuring out the BINCS system and hopefully what ever system bikeman is using to do the vin searches. In all my spare time of course. LOL