Thread: Steering Wheel Nut Size and Thread?

Default Steering Wheel Nut Size and Thread?

What is the size and thread for the steering wheel nut that holds it onto the column? Is it a 1/2-20 or 5/8 -18? Thanks
    Zone holster maker

Lug nut? Try one. I am in Australia right now so I can't walk out into the garage and check for you!

Not a lug nut. The steering wheel nut that holds the steering wheel onto the column. What size and thread is it. I looked in the -34P put it just said nut and gave the FSN # I was hoping it would say the size and thread which is the information I'm looking for.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    Not a lug nut. The steering wheel nut that holds the steering wheel onto the column. What size and thread is it. I looked in the -34P put it just said nut and gave the FSN # I was hoping it would say the size and thread which is the information I'm looking for.
    You are right, it isn't a lug nut. But i thought it was the same thread as a lug nut. I apologize that I can't check for you right now. I am visiting my daughter in Australia and my truck is back in Florida.

Most of our members may be busy with the Independence Day celebrations and it may take a while for them to respond.

Side note... Isn't it interesting that when we are able to be face to face, things can be cleared up quickly. Using a computer (iPad in mycase, a pain to type since I am used to a keyboard) often doesn't allow the valuable body language?

Cheere, Mate!