Thread: Is there a market for a good used M715 5.87 Ring and Pinion?

Default Is there a market for a good used M715 5.87 Ring and Pinion?

I recently regeared my stock axles to 4.56 and got the old parts back with the completed axles. The factory rear D70 R&P was somewhat damaged, but the factory Dana 60 5.87 front R&P still look really good. I removed and recycled the bearings and degreased the R&P, but can't imagine having a use/need for the old R&P myself.
    Any thoughts out there if there is a market for these either on here or ebay??
    Thanks,
    Bryce
    1969 M725 ambulance

I was going to say paper weights... but spider gears are really better for that.

Every now and then someone will be looking for a set and is willing to pay as much as $11 for it (if you pay for shipping), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I was afraid that was going to be the answer.
    Its also doubtful that the wife will want to make a wind chime or humming bird feeder out of them. They may go to the scrap yard.

Tho I did make a cool awkwardly huge gear shift knob for the SM465 out of the old D70 pinion, but I'm not sure how many of these I really need. One may be enough:

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5gbsvo2o.png
    1969 M725 ambulance

That is very neat