Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Radiator Info

Default New Radiator Info

I took my 715 radiator in to the local shop, and was told the core was failing, and a re-core would cost over $500. After digging around a little while, the shop owner found a new one for $350. It's on the left:

Jason (the proprietor) told me it listed for a 1965 Ford. He couldn't remember the model. Anyway, it's 1/2" wider, with the same height, hose fitting placement, and core count. The outlet fitting is larger, though, and the mounting bracket is different.

I'll update when I get it installed & see how it fits.

Very interesting...
    If you get the manufacturer name and radiator number off the new one, i can find the application...like modine 251 or such...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

There is no manufacturer info that I can find on it, but there is a tag on the core that says "429 03", for whatever that's worth.

Hmmm...will see if I can come up with anything on that....I know, like the stock radiator said Mccord and in another place the part number...I have seen that on Modine units as well...maybe this is one where they dont...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

I'll give Jason a call this week and see what additional information he can provide.

All I could find was lots of references to the Ford 429 radiators..so that was no help...

That sounds pertinent, because Jason said the application had a V8 in it.

Maybe I wasnt clear...the 429 number on the radiator, when I searched on that and Ford, I got results talking about 429 engined Fords that need radiators or replacements for them...I wasnt getting results on a radiator number 429...

Does that make sense?

Yeah, it makes sense, but crazier things have happened in my experience.

The original radiators were made by McCord if I remember correctly.

My core was leaking and I took it to a local radiator shop here in Jacksonville, FL. The owner got on the phone, called the dimensions to a core manufacturer in Texas. They custom made the core, shipped it to the local shop and it cost me $350. Now this core was made with virgin brass, no Chinese stuff.