Thread: What Parts Do I Need For Replacement Fuel Tank?

Question What Parts Do I Need For Replacement Fuel Tank?

I am going to order a Weldedparts fuel tank to replace the one missing from my truck, and need to know what other parts to procure, and where to procure them.

I know I need: a filler hose, filler neck, filler cap, bolts for tank straps, sending unit for the gauge I have to buy.

What am I missing? I've never seen the stock filler setup up close, so I'm really in the dark on it.

Thanks for any help.

Look at the menu bar at the top of this page and youll see the online maintenance manuals. Those will help
    68 M715
    Hey, what's this do?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA5Qtr View Post
    Look at the menu bar at the top of this page and youll see the online maintenance manuals. Those will help
    Yeah, an exploded view would be really handy. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA5Qtr View Post
    That worked out great-- thanks again.

Now I just have to find the parts.

I have an original tank if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by fng View Post
    I have an original tank if you're interested.
    Check your PM's.

Does anyone have a fuel filler assembly (filler pipe, filter screen, filler cap) they can spare? I've posted in the "Wanted to Buy" forum, and gotten no response.

A fuel tank showed up out of the blue, so figured maybe a filler assembly might also.

I just noticed I did get a reply in my "Wanted" thread, but I'd love to hear from you if you have one in case 67M715 can't find his.