Thread: Rear lights

Default Rear lights

Not sure whats going on here ..all the numbers on the wires seem to be corresponding but my rear lights do this when i have the 3 lever switch set on SER.DRIVE

Left hand side

Right hand side

Can any one tell me what each globe is ment for/ does ? I'm not sure which one is meant to flash if the truck has turn signals etc...thanks heaps Mick

Check your grounds. As in remove the bolts, clean everything and use star washers on new or wire wheel cleaned bolts going back in.

That is the most likely cause of different lights coming on if the wiring is all correct.

It also could be a stuck on brake switch.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

In "Service Drive" the headlights and tail lights are ON. I don't see a problem here.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Check your grounds. As in remove the bolts, clean everything and use star washers on new or wire wheel cleaned bolts going back in.

That is the most likely cause of different lights coming on if the wiring is all correct.

It also could be a stuck on brake switch.
    Thanks Barrman ..i will unbolt and clean all of it...i only found the other main earth near the engine mount which i still need to clean...i think you are right being an earth problem

I have checked the brake switch its working fine ..cheers Mick

Quote Originally Posted by rboltz View Post
    In "Service Drive" the headlights and tail lights are ON. I don't see a problem here.
    Hi boltz ...yep switch is in service drive but I'm getting two different lights coming on ..i think one is the brake and the other the tail light..im going to give it all a good clean and bait more tracing to see where I'm going wrong ...cheers Mick

Yep...thats what I see....one side has the bulb that has the little ball shaped glass lit...the other has the bigger oval glass lit...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Sorry for the confusion. I saw the brake light on and thought the running light in the other picture was wrong. My mind said brake switch. Instead you had the running lights on and the brake light was wrong. It was a 50/50 observation.

I once had a bucket off the truck but all the wires plugged in. I was installing the other side and testing the lights. The bucket not bolted on was lighting up different bulbs than what should have been every time.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

Thats interesting...never did it but I see how that would happen...funny what bad/lack of grounds can do...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

The electricity traveled through the bulb that was supposed to light, through its ground and into another bulb that since its power wire was not connected to anything, had high resistance causing the light to glow.