Thread: Decal application directions

Default Decal application directions

Hey all, I am placing the decals now and although I did this once before, it has been 6 years since I did it last.
    I used dawn dishwashing liquid and water mix and wet the area thoroughly, I then placed the decal and positioned it, started rubbing with a spoon and the decal still wouldn't stick. So I peeled the decal off the see through cover sheet and placed it again but it doesn't seem very well stuck. Any ideas?

Don't know what you bought but if you got them from BEAST, you don't use water. They are adhesive backed for dry application.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

HAHAHAHA....right, I know that part, but to allow them to be positioned exactly I use a spray bottle of soapy water then squeegee it out till they stick. It was a little cold and got my soap mix a little too strong. So it took longer than usual to get them to tack down but I did get it done...Thanks tho for the reply.

I prefer to apply them dry for the best adhesion, but I've done thousands of decals and have it down. If you are going to do the wet method, use very small amounts of solutions and don't make the mixture too heavy with soap. Instead of wetting the whole area and "floating" the decal, try lining it up and taping the top cover in place and leaving one end dry so that it sticks and then smoothing away from the dry area to smooth out any air bubbles.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/