Thread: Rank Icons

Default Rank Icons

Can you remove the rank icons. I think it is offensive to those who serve or served who have really earned rank. To say Timmah is a 1SG or SGM is streaching things a bit and Jon its your board and all but General of the Army? Common!

Eh, I dunno. It's pretty common to use military style rank for these boards and other similar organizations. I can kinda see both sides, but I can't understand how a post ranking would be offensive to someone with actual military rank.

The only thing that bothered me about it was that I have army rank . I solved that by putting the Gunny rank in my sig. But the rank thing does not bother me one bit. If they were out wearing it in public and telling everyone they were that rank then there would be a problem.

I dont neccessarily care for it either, but if it works anything like Steel Soldiars, the rank does go up pretty quick as you build post count. Bob, the civilian!

That's adjustible. You can set the post count goal for each rank. We kept having to move ours up on our regional Airsoft board, which by the way, had Marine rank since the owner of the MAAPR organization is an active duty Marine, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    I solved that by putting the Gunny rank in my sig.
    Ah but you are one of the privilage few who can do that. The rest of us slubs can not otherwise I would put a LTC rank!

You will be able to put it in your sig in a short time, trust me.

Well lets get this Army stuff off here then!! LOL!