Thread: Jeepdan..... M-16 mount question

Default Jeepdan..... M-16 mount question

Hey!

Can you give me close up pictures of your mounting area and set up for the passenger side M-16 rifle brackets? Both dash and floor?

I have the drivers bihind the seat on the pillar set up already complete but I'm scratching my head on the passenger side install. Really don't want to start drilling holes after all the repair work we did already until I know exactly where I will be setting it up.

Thanks,

Dave
    Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.

Yes and no
    I'm at work right now, on a 16 hour shift.
    But, I can do that during my off day Friday.

Here is mine,

Since the original commanders brackets are as rare as hens teeth, I made my own from the extra bracket that comes with the duel kit for the M35 series trucks which is the common source on ebay for get the gun mounts. Just bent and trimmed a bit to fit the angles of the trans hump and screwed directly to the tunnel. The upper mount is just bolted straight through the dash.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

First off, I would love to see pictures of a known original Rifle Mounting Kit for the dash. Anyone out there?

Using Dave's pictures as a starting point, I tried making a mount that more closely resembled the illustration in the Parts Manual.
    I modified an extra M715 rifle mount that ended up looking like this.

The end result looks good, and doesn't obstruct the commander's feet.

But, the sling swivel on the airsoft M16 that I used ,doesn't fit very well in the mount. (wouldn't be a problem with the real deal)
    I ended up turning the top mount upside down and shimming it.

Thanks bunches Dan! Now I have a idea of how to install it.
    Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.