Thread: 24 volt chargers

Default 24 volt chargers

I have 24 volt maintainers on both trucks but sometimes need more amperage. My HUGE 200 lb. 24 volt military charger at 100 amps is overkill for normal use. However, these have recently showed up. They come in amperages from .76 amp to 26 amp 12 or 24 volt. anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._al_bw_g263_i3
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

I just unhook the jumper cable and charge each battery seperatly with a 12v charger

Pretty nifty. Lots of good reviews.

I've never priced 24v maintainers so I don't know if thats a good deal or not... But I've been an Amazon shopper for years... to see that high a percentage of 4 and 5 star reviews on an electronic item is a good sign.

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by md1970 View Post
    I just unhook the jumper cable and charge each battery separately with a 12v charger
    Yes, I charge each one that way also, but no need to remove the jumper. Its a pain when both batteries need serious charging. When my M37 recently went dead twice, it took two days total to bring each battery up. However, at the time I did not know the batteries were dying from age.

The 24 volt maintainers I have do a good job. Just looking for an automatic 24 volt mid range charger for those times when the 2 amp maintainers just aren't enough.

I have the big 100 amp charger but that one is manual and you can cook the batteries real fast. Best for jump starting only.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

I have a Schumacher SE 70MA 10 amp fast charger. Does 12 and 24 and has manual/automatic settings. Always been pleased with it. Reasonably priced too.
    68 M715
    Hey, what's this do?