Thread: #@%&& China Junk

Default #@%&& China Junk

As I mentioned in my parade post, the turn signals quit again. Another bad China New Star flasher unit. Swapped with the unit in the M-37 to check it and its bad. I put my last US made one in the M-37 when that China unit crapped out. This is #4 in the M-715. I wish we could find the US manufactured units as this same unit is used today in all the HUMVEES as well as other vehicles. They rarely show up in the truck shows anymore.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Thanks for sharing your findings, and sorry for the frustration.
    I wonder if the manufacture really knows of the failure rate of all of this Chinese made crap.

I know that when my new Chinese oil sender failed from the start, I just threw it into the trash without complaining, because I had bought it long before my truck's restoration was finished.

I'm still using my original solid state turn signal unit that was found in use on the truck.
    With crossed fingers, I'm hoping that it will last, since I have a new wiring harness to help avoid any electrical shorts.

Maybe the older style, mechanical relay box might soon be the unit of choice. Or last resort.

And at the risk of sounding like a Jerk (I often do), this is the reason I converted my truck back to the old fashioned distribution box with the relays. I got it from Saturn Surplus, NOS.

Don, I think that you made a good choice.
    I'm thinking about buying and putting one on the shelf for the future.

Default China Radios

And its not just our stuff that is junk. Just got my monthly magazine on communications equipment. Radio has always been part of my career both amateur, military and commercial.

Anyway, in this issue they talk about the 2 way radios coming in from China. Long story but in testing over the last 5 years a high of 57% and a low of 33% of the equipment is "non-compliant". In other words, it does not meet even basic FCC regulations. Yet, they allow it to be imported. Get caught with a non-compliant radio and face up to $1,000 a day fine.

i know its in everyday consumer goods also. We will never learn.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era