Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Porter" Jeep build

Default "Porter" Jeep build

I've had this truck for a couple of years. I work slow due to physical limitations but I think it's coming together pretty good.

The day I bought it!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

Tear down

Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

Prepping for paint

Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

Frame paint and cab is prepped

Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

Panel prep
    I sprayed the panels and cab with self etching primer. Then painted the backside with black enamel. Hoping that seals it well and helps prevent future corrosion and rust.

Relocated the battery to the engine bay. Built this battery tray.

Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

Paint scheme planned

Planning on black with red scallops. White hood star. May do a blue and white pinstripe over the red scallops?

Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

I've got a parts truck with a good bed. My truck is a M724 and didn't come with one. Going to do a dump bed I think? Maybe run it off of the PTO or just do a hydraulic lift?

I've converted the truck to 12 volt. Installed an HEI and a 12 volt alternator. Reworked the wiring but haven't installed a fuse box yet. Debating on circuit breaker vs fuses still.
    Rebuilt the brake system from master cylinder to drums. Modding the brake shoes to fit was interesting.
    Original drive train. Motor runs really well. Basically a good survivor truck mechanically. The original sheet metal was kinda bad but my parts truck donated everything needed.
    Will probably paint next Spring. Gotta save money and finish some other projects first.

Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

Fire Dept add on. They had a water tank on the back.

We fish quite a bit

Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

Quote Originally Posted by Brickfist View Post
    I've had this truck for a couple of years. I work slow due to physical limitations but I think it's coming together pretty good.

The day I bought it!

It came from Porter, OK. My old dog was named Porter. Thus the name "Porter" Jeep.

Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

nothing like going fishing whether you catch anything or not, it just relaxes you deep inside. also a great time to talk to GOD.