Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sgt. Biscuit build up.

Default Sgt. Biscuit build up.

I just got my truck home about two hours ago. I cleaned out all of the leaves and debris. I hosed out the interior and bed. It's raining out so I'll start messing with it tomorrow. I'll post pictures in a about 30min. Got to go take them first
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

I know it isn't much progress, but I replaced the master cylinder. Honestly it was tough. Someone had swapped in power brakes, but I didn't know what from. Numbers on the master cylinder and booster were non-existent. I took measurements, but I couldn't find any listings of specs on stock cylinders. The truck has a column from a late 70's, early 80's Ford Van and the 351c/C4 from a '71 Mustang. I found out that a '71-'73 Mustang master cylinder fits. I installed it. I later found narrowed down the origins of the brake setup, '75-'76 Ford E250.

Here is a video of me driving it into my driveway from the sideyard. Atleast the front brakes work. I have to look into why the rear are not applying. Might be frozen cylinders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WxxDGBT3FE
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

That is better than when I drug mine home. It was about a year later that I actually drove it.

Pull all four wheels and have a look at the wheel cylinders. I am sure that several of them are locked up. May as well do the rubber hoses too, and while you're under there, new steel lines wouldn't be a bad idea as well.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

The guy I bought it from put all new steel lines on just before the winter, rubber lines look original. front brakes are working and good, I think he messed with these already. Still have yet to pull the rear. I think the cylinders are frozen.
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

Ah another CT m715. Good to see some more old iron kicking around. Looks good. You should stop by sometime and motivate my build.

RM
    If it ain't broke, it will be.

Sweet!
    Man the bed looks good on that one. You got lucky!
    I can see by the background pics I'm not the only Jeep nut.
    Man I miss my Rubicon.
    Good luck with your project.

Yes more M715s in Ct I love it. We'll have to plan something

:Hijack on:

If you fellas find a brush guard in ct or close let me know. Thanks.

:Hijack off:

RM
    If it ain't broke, it will be.

I ordered two wheel cylinders, parts for a tuneup, 12v sending unit/gauge, EZ Wiring harness, ignition switch, headlight switch, and dimmer switch. I have yet to get new electric wiper motors, material for a front bumper, courtesy light setup, seat brackets, gauges that match the fuel gauge. Oh ya, tires too
    1968 M715
    1968 M725