Thread: Hood Blackout Light Bracket

Default Hood Blackout Light Bracket

Not necessarily "stock" as I simply want to reproduce one for myself.

I have the means, (brake,shear etc) but was curious if anyone had "working drawings" with the correct bend angles, edge-flange lengths, or hole dimensions already done for the hood blackout light mounting bracket for the hood.

Will be making it either out of 20 or 16 gauge CRS sheet as that is all we use at work (20, 16, and 11 gauge is our only stock sizes)

(bracket that the blackout light and hoop assembly bolt too)

I do not have a blackout light yet so I cant do those holes... and I am either going to make a paper template and then transfer over or was curious to see if anyones been down my path yet.

Years ago i traced an original bracket and listed the measurements of every side...i know that tge info is onthe site...too late tonight to search for it
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Got it...

I googled "m715 blackout light bracket" with a whole bunch of additions (dimensions, angles, drawings, CAD, etc etc etc)....

To no avail... nothing

I googled "m715 blackout light bracket brute4c"

viola found it! (thanks brute4c... just need your name and there it was)

For future search references if it would arise this is brute4c hard work and documentation from another post here on the zone...

binfordm715 : Blackout Driving Light base mount

Dimensions:
    A= 3/4 inch
    B= 5/8ths inch
    C= 4 inches
    D= 1 13/16ths inch
    E= 7/8ths inch

he holes on the edges, on the flanges in the first drawing, are 9/32nds inch diameter.

The hole centers on the short edge of the first image, section A, are 3/8ths inch in from the long side edge. Each of the 2 holes in that end are 1/2 inch on center in from the short side edge, there are 3 inches center to center of the 2 holes.

The hole centers on the long edge of the first image, section E, are 7/16ths inch from the long side edge. As with the other end, each of the 2 holes in that end are 1/2 inch on center in from the short side edge, there are 3 inches center to center of the 2 holes.

The large flat top area has 3 holes as seen in the 2nd image, section C. The holes are all 1/2 inch on center from the side edges of the plate. The 2 holes on the upper part of the 2nd drawing...the one on the left, toward the short flange side, is 9/16ths inch on center from the edge...the one on the right is 11/16ths inch on center from the opposite edge. The 2 are 2 3/4 inches on center from each other. The single hole on the other side is 2 inches on center from each edge...dead center of that 4 inch section.

Thatsit...good job digging it out of the site!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Is the protective ring/bracket also the same across the m38 and GPW platforms as it is on the m715... or is it specific to the 715 only?

That piece is the same as the others...unless you get into the real small Jeeps like the M38...at least I seem to remember a difference on some of the small ones...

M37 and M715 are the same?

Maybe I am confusing the issue...I am not sure off hand...The M715 one does fit other applications....some of the other applications out there though dont fit the M715....there are at least 2 different styles that I know of....the M715 one is, to my eye, the "larger and sturdier" and the other is "smaller and spindlier".

Side by side, you would never mistake them.

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    That piece is ...

...there are at least 2 different styles that I know of....the M715 one is, to my eye, the "larger and sturdier" and the other is "smaller and spindlier".

Side by side, you would never mistake them.
    That is exactly correct from what I have seen too.

How thick is the bracket plate?
    Jonnie

Memphis Equipment used to have repro BO light mount brackets on ebay.

The BO light bracket itself is same as M38A1, M715. The M151 bracket is same shape but is the hoop is made of stamped steel instead of a solid steel bar.

Its $29 before shipping and it actually does not look so hard to make.
    Jonnie