Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michelin XL - Exploded view

Default Michelin XL - Exploded view

This happened today, front right tire, doing about 35MPH.. I only noticed the truck pulling a bit to the right and more rolling resistance. I'm surprised how undramatic it was.

Last edited by Mikel; August 9th, 2015 at 09:54 PM.

Wow, That's scary.
    What is the manufacture date of the tires?

Yikes! I run Michelen XL 1100's on my truck. Never ever drives over 35mph, but that is scary like Dan said.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Possible pothole? Object on road? Super dry rot? Really curious now. I'm on a little run of bad luck with my truck right now and was wondering if this could be me next?
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

It was really my fault. I had a small gash in the sidewall that I neglected to take care of and that is exactly where it blew up. No visible dry rot.

The irony is that after four years of driving on these tires, I was on my way to swap them... And the thing blew just before I got there, where all my tools were.

I was shocked at how un-violent (making up words now) the whole thing was and how little control I lost considering how tall a tire that was.

dibs on the "dead" and not blown XL's
    hostis est intra portas tuas

Well, you did have 5 other wheels to keep it straight, lol! Glad it wasn't more dramatic!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

I think your truck knows that it looks ultra cool and it wasnt gonna let a flat tire throw it off much.

Seriously...glad it wasnt worse...and thanks for the new pic of that beauty!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I think my XML's are 3800 lb rated per tire....I imagine they would hold up well with no air as long as the truck wasn't super loaded...Glad it worked out well!
    Is that real money?

Great looking truck! You were on your way to swap them? Sometimes their's just no explanation for why things happen, when and where they do. Glad it all turned out ok though.