Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOA vs. SUA - 35" Tire Dia. and under.

Default SOA vs. SUA - 35" Tire Dia. and under.

Alright guys,

Everything I see for spring over axle is running 36" + diameter tires.. which really fills the wheel wells... to almost correct proportions.

Thing is I wont commonality and affordability of 35" LT load range E tires... either in the 315/75R16, or 285/75R16 tire sizing.

Will a 33ish to 35" diameter tire simply look too far 'out of place' on a spring-over-axle truck?

Id like to do the axle swap either way for upgrades in ratio, braking, and for the correct pumpkin drop side.

I read one thread on the CUCV spring under swap.. but looks pretty intensive as far as pumpkin support structure removal.

Has anyone done spring under with ford axles?

Does anyone have a picture with spring over axle swap with 35" or 33.5" tires? (i failed both at google image search and here to find a pictorial reference)

Mounting a Chevy D60 spring under is not that bad.

soa will look goofey with tires smaller than 37-38" tall tires. even then it wont fill the wheel well/ sua and 37" hummer tires look very nice and fit perfectly JMO
    Morgan

My truck stock, I think looks great with 38's....
    Is that real money?

Curious if SOA vs. SUA if one is harder then the other regarding steering etc. with Ford Axles

Really haven't found too many M715 pictures with even 33 or 35" LT load E tires.

Not interested in the noise/flex/cost of Michelin XL's

The tires have to be able to swap onto a M101a2 trailer the real reason I'm staying with 315/75 or 285/75R16 tire sizes. (commonality and cost).

38" dia tires and above have no personal interest to me as I want the towing capacity and interchangability to m101a2 axles vs. ride height/clearance

This is a 33x12.5x16 with my spring over setup.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserM715 View Post
    This is a 33x12.5x16 with my spring over setup.
    Yea.... Just on the edge of simply too much wheel well for me...

Worse part is I'm pretty sure doing a Cummins B-series 5.9 or 6.9/7.3 Powerstroke IDI will cause me to have to do a spring over.

hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
    Yea.... Just on the edge of simply too much wheel well for me...

Worse part is I'm pretty sure doing a Cummins B-series 5.9 or 6.9/7.3 Powerstroke IDI will cause me to have to do a spring over.

hmmmmm
    A 6BT will fit quite nicely without a lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    Mikel,

I was waiting/hoping to hear from you... I went back into my personal archives and went thru your swap on 4BTswaps. (I am 47Ford-1.5ton) [cummins 6bt, road ranger 10 spd]

In the process of going thru your information right now to look on how you laid out your engine mounting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    Just need later D60 axles to get the pinion over away from the pan. My stock yoke clears my pan by 1/8"
    1968 M715
    1968 M725