Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tailgate Question

Question Tailgate Question

I have a question about the tailgate that is on the M715 we recently purchased.

Most tailgates I see on M715's seem to have 'JEEP' stamped on them. The tailgate on our M715 lacks the 'JEEP' and we're wondering why this is.

If anyone has information on this tailgate, I would appreciate it if you would tell me. Thanks!

That looks like a custom built tailgate. It looks like it lacks the pieces on the sides that the reflectors would bolt to and also missing the hooks for the canvas top.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper View Post
    That looks like a custom built tailgate. It looks like it lacks the pieces on the sides that the reflectors would bolt to and also missing the hooks for the canvas top.
    Thank you for replying jeeper. I thought something was up with that. Is there somewhere I could find the history of this vehicle via the VIN #? I would appreciate any info you could provide me with.

There are copyright issues with putting the "Jeep" script as it appears on the stock M715...yours is a reproduction one that was made to give owners something to bolt on...though it isnt a U
    Jeep original.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

It still looks like a well build tailgate.

Since I see You have a shop there, maybe just add the missing pieces.

If You can find a tailgate, they run about 300 bucks and are usually torn up.

Here is the outside of a stock one
    and on the inside, there are two "retractable" tie down loops as well ( see 2nd pic )

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

As for the Vin...
    You can look it up here at the top of the main page... ( under M715 Zone VIN Registry link , top of page )
    But all that will give you is the month and year IF the previous owner ever registered it here on the zone.

Might try a search HERE on the zone for the vin. ( top of page SEARCH link )
    Maybe the Previous owner stated it in a thread and that may help.

Yep, I would just add to that tailgate myself...
    until another one becomes available
    Last edited by Blitz; April 23rd, 2015 at 09:42 PM.
    hostis est intra portas tuas

Sending you a PM

well, guess you have PM shut off, shoot me an email at 454Levy@gmail.com

Follow my build.. We are currently tearing apart a tailgate to rebuild it to straighten it out. stock gates are hard to come by that aren't beat up to one degree or another.
    Even Chuck Norris drove a 715.

Quote Originally Posted by 67smith View Post
    well, guess you have PM shut off, shoot me an email at 454Levy@gmail.com
    Sorry, we turned on our PM, we're a new member and forgot to turn it on. Thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    There are copyright issues with putting the "Jeep" script as it appears on the stock M715...yours is a reproduction one that was made to give owners something to bolt on...though it isnt a U
    Jeep original.
    Thanks for your prompt reply.