Thread: Best M715 4x4 Restoration/Modification Shop?

Default Best M715 4x4 Restoration/Modification Shop?

The members of M715 Zone have shared some truly impressive restorations and modifications of M715 trucks. It has been said that "a truck is not really yours unless you have built it." I generally agree with that philosophy but sometimes a person may not have the time and/or talent to build a truck. A few post have recently touch on this issue and it makes me think about the following question- If the cost were not a factor and you wanted to hire a 4x4 shop to restore/mod an M715 truck, then where you would send it and why? Which 4x4 shop in the country does the best restorations and modifications?

That is the million dollar question. It probably depends a lot on what you are building. I can't think of any nearby that are kind of shop I would simply give my truck to.

I have seen some video of work done by Pacific Fabrication. They have done projects such as the Tug Truck for this past years Ultimate Adventure. They seem to be able to do it all. They not only dip off road vehicles but specialize in LS engine swaps. I think they do rods and street cars and can fab special parts. I am sure there are others around that are very capable. There may even be someone here at the Zone that would do that kind of work. There are some very talented fabricators here.

It is sure nice to dream of just handing the keys to someone and have your dream truck waiting at the end, but you might find you can do a lot more than you think. My truck has been my learning project. I needed plenty of help along the way. I have really enjoyed the learning curve, although it has been painful at time.

Good luck crossing your direction. Either way, take lots of photos and keep us up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Troop ISP View Post
    ....just handing the keys to someone and have your dream truck waiting at the end...
    Your M715 has a keys??!?

I am not necessarily planning to send my truck to a shop for mods but rather just asking the question about shops that specialize in military vehicles. I found the following sites and wonder if anyone has experience with them:
    http://mv-restoration.com/
    http://www.mseriesrebuild.com/
    http://www.offroadltd.com/

I would vote M-Series rebuild, his speciality is m37's ,but he seems to be passionate about MV's. If money was not an object he would get my money for sure.

I did not build my truck, but I so far have done all my own work on it, as far as maintaining it in working order, replacing broken parts, and keeping it in good running condition. It's for the most part a stock truck and I'd like to keep it that way. With this being said, I call the truck mine because I own the title and maintain it.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Ummmm...How much do you want to spend and how fast do you want it? My wife wouldn't know what to do if I had a project that added to the money supply.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

In my opinion I can say I built my truck, since I took a highly modified brush truck and turned it back to 90% stock. Ive seen some pics of nice work come out of Memphis equipment, and when I went to eastern surplus to get tires for my fire depts m35a3, they had a m37 and a m715 they were working on, but it was in the early stages so I cant tell you what the completed project looked like

My first M series came from a fire hall. I'm taking back to mostly original. Prolly cause I like driving tractors. Lol
    If money was no object?
    I would contact Counts Customs or Ian on Extreme 4x4. I want a rat rod type M715 to be modified as a hauler. My other M715 would be the hauled one. I would keep it mostly stock and just travel around to areas around the country and trail ride and climb.
    I've been slowly building, cutting, repairing, and creating my truck for about 2 years now. Money, unfortunately; is an object for me.
    Brickfist
    67 M724 68 M715

If I had that kind of disposable cash I would talk to Ryanroo on here and maybe work something out.

He has already built a wild truck and works at a custom off road shop. Just following his build thread you can tell he is a very talented fabricator. If everyone at that shop has half his skills I'm sure they could make something very special.