Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what are you doing on your truck in the "off" season?

Default what are you doing on your truck in the "off" season?

been a cold winter in the northeast, have driven my truck in NJ very small amounts, took it in the woods in the snow with my son, gone to a scouting event, and trips to the firehouse, but have been getting ready to do a few projects.
    bought outer window sweeps from Memphis, and inners from bjs off road
    bought a steering column shaft from surplus jeeps to change the bad coupler
    bought the plastic retainers and bearing from vpw to fix the column while I do the coupler
    also on my list this spring
    repaint the troop seat wood
    repair/replace small amount of rust in rocker
    repaint truck
    put my radiator shroud on
    linseed the unpainted wood on my tools
    reapply canvac to the top and webbing.
    and replace all the door weatherstripping if I can find the proper or correct stuff.

what is everyone else doing or planning on doing?

Duane

I am thinking about what I am going to do once it warms up. I know I want to take my extra frame and attempt at making a better suspension. Thinking about 4 link with Dodge Ram coils.

I am driving it about once a week. By summer, it will be smoking hot in that cab ... in Florida!

Still driving it everyday, it is my daily driver.
    Pretty much seeing how thick the road salt will get on it before it warms up enough to wash it.

Default N/A

Nothing - Sitting in the barn on the battery maintainer.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Duane, thats quite a list. The radiator shroud is an easy one, you do have to remove the fan blade first. IIFC, it was harder to bolt the fan blade back on with the shroud back on..... I could be wrong, tho.

A good shroud really makes the compartment look better. Memphis has them for anyone who needs one yet.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Putting chains on the freaking steering wheels TOMORROW.

Caught a Guy out here tonight in the rain, trying to get my parts truck.

STUPID DUDE
    STUPID
    hostis est intra portas tuas

Soon as it warms up, I need to figure out if I have a bad oil pressure gauge, or a bad sending unit. Where's the best place to start? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

I would check with a mechanical gauge, then check the sender as it is a little more accessible, actually I would double check the wiring first, loose connection ro frayed wires

Quote Originally Posted by 67smith View Post
    I would check with a mechanical gauge, then check the sender as it is a little more accessible, actually I would double check the wiring first, loose connection ro frayed wires
    And I may have mentioned that my truck indicates 0 oil pressure when I start it up. But a quick flick of the middle finger on the face of the gauge wakes it up. I have another gauge. It just doesn't occur to me when the truck is sitting. Sound familiar?

Please, let us know how it goes...