Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My long overdue 6BT M715 build

Nice work. I really wished I had gone 6bt at times.

Default Apparently im a noob...

sorry it has been so long since i have posted anything - im ashamed to admit it but i honestly just couldnt find my thread to add to it... haha (dont make too much fun of me please)

Aaaanyway... i havnet worked on the truck in almost 4 weeks now unfortunately - but fortunately i have plenty of OLD progress pictures and stuff. Hope yall are still interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Qbert909 View Post
    sorry it has been so long since i have posted anything - im ashamed to admit it but i honestly just couldnt find my thread to add to it... haha (dont make too much fun of me please)

Aaaanyway... i havnet worked on the truck in almost 4 weeks now unfortunately - but fortunately i have plenty of OLD progress pictures and stuff. Hope yall are still interested?
    Keep it coming!

Default Axle & shackle Flip

we ended up going with a spring over on the front axle and flipped the shackles on the rear. we thought that we needed more clearance for the sump in the oil pan (i dont think that we did after all but now the truck is just bigger and badder!)

we cut and flipped the spring perches on the front axle.. not a whole lot to say here really.

we can only work on the truck most weekends - so its just covered up under a (now very torn) tarp most of the time.

rear shackle flip

and my favorite picture - its right at 3 feet to the top of the bumperetts with the 38.5" tires on it.

Default More to come tomorrow...

i thought that i had more time to post stuff tonight - i have to run though, ill post some more stuff tomorrow evening now that i found my thread again!

hopefully yall are enjoying seeing what iv been working on as much as i have enjoyed working on it!

Default 6 bt

Hopefully I didn't miss anything. Consider a cross member between the frame rails. I know an M-715 frame is a lot beefier than a CJ but its half the size of the Dodges the 6bt came out of whether its 2 or 4wd. I'd be concerned with the frame rail spread later… I'm still procrastinating on my own. I'm doing the same thing except with rocks and its awfully tight with Rockwells axles flipped. That center section is really tall. Funny how short 6bt's look in Dodges. They are pretty tall.

Excellent work. Did you buy your 6bt in that condition or did you clean and paint it? Very nice.

Any updates on this?