Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going broke! My M-715 build

Default Going broke! My M-715 build

I'm a little late posting on here, the truck is almost complete now but here goes... Finally got out of the roundy round racing last year, sold my car and bought an M715 I found on Craigslist. I've always loved the look of these trucks, I helped a friend build his M37 years ago and always wanted a military truck of my own...Bought this one from Portsmouth Va. in April 2013

Cool, looks fairly complete. What are your plans for it? Resto, resto-mod or something else? Looks like you need a little rust repair.

I'm going resto-mod with it, SOA, 39.5/18 Boggers and Trailworthy Fab wheels. In the future I have a 92 Cummins 6BT that I want to swap in, but the Tornado is still running strong for now.

I picked up the second one in May 2013 in Harrisonburg Va. (about 5hrs away) Found it on Craigslist for $1000. I brought it home, stripped off the home made bed and began swapping parts.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...23928883535e30

I started on the front end, I accomplished the spring over conversion with tips learned from this site. Ran new brake lines with NOS master cylinder, and hoses. Re-located the brackets that attach the hoses to the frame to make up for the lift. Used the E-350 wheel cylinders on all wheels.
    JEEP-Just Empty Every Pocket

Nice, big garage there!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Yeah sick garage

curious...

Are you gonna put the winch on ?

Last edited by Blitz; August 15th, 2014 at 12:12 PM.
    hostis est intra portas tuas

My dad built the shop for working on race cars, I did the same for a while but racing requires too much time and too much money so I got out and bought the 715... the biggest problem with the shop is the doors, with the 16" wide swampers I have on it right now it has about 2" of clearance driving through the door....the tires waiting to go on are 18" wide....might have some clearance issues! And as for the winch, it is on the truck now

Neither truck had a decent bed, I searched craigslist for months and then came across one right down the street from me that had been converted to a trailer! It turned out it belonged to a friend of mine so I picked it up pretty cheap. I still had to do a bunch of work to it but it turned out pretty good. They had cut the toolbox out of it to convert it, and it had no floor (was plywood when I got it) I cut the toolbox out of the bed on the first truck and welded it in, then used 1/8 diamond plate for the floor. Had to fab brackets for the gas tank as well. I had to enlist some help to set it on the truck, but the engine hoist worked great.