Thread: Factory defroster ducts, bolt thread ?

Default Factory defroster ducts, bolt thread ?

Anybody know what the threads are on the factory bolts that the defroster ducts bolt to? The ones up by the windshield. I've tried several different nuts with no luck. The paint on the bolts may be stopping me from threading the nuts on.
    Thanks, Andy

They are studs hanging down.
    Dang, I can't remember for sure, whether it's 10-32 or 10-24.
    I really should have taken better notes like I had intended during my truck's tear down, and restoration.

You are correct, it is one of those...its in the manuals section for the heater install, hold on, I will check...seems I forgot which too...

from the -20 manual, Section VI. FRESH AIR HEATER AND DEFROSTER KIT

g. Position the two defroster nozzles on the mounting studs under the openings of the cowl on either side of the windshield with the inlets towards the left of
    the cab.
    h. Secure with two each 10-24 Hex Nuts and lock washers.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

If it's the passenger side defrost duct, it gets a lot easier if the glove box is out...but you most likely already know that.
    Thanks for all the help!

Man, this is an awesome site!
    I installed a gen II vintage heater so now I'm trying to get the defroster hooked up.

KyKen... I had my glove box and the screws in the bed of my truck.
    Last night I forgot about them when I was checking how well the heater was going to work. So off through the fields I go. It wasn't until I got back and seen the glove box in the bed that I realized what I had done. Luckily I found all the screws.

I need to remember the manuals. I did search to no avail though, just not where I should have.
    Thanks guys, Andy