Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need quick Slectro Install answer

Default Need quick Slectro Install answer

I got the studs out and hub off, chased the threads, on the instructions it says about the 2 retaining rings. I do not seem to have any and I don't see a grove where they should go. Am I supposed to get the giant nut off the axle to install the hubs or just slide them on without any retaining rings?
    Thanks

I have never been in the hubs, but maybe this will help:

closeup:
    hostis est intra portas tuas

I used the same hubs on my truck. I think what you are looking at in the diagram for #1 and #2 are the retaining rings inside the locker, it has nothing to do with your actual wheel hub. Do not remove the hub nuts, as that is what keeps your hubs on the spindle. All you should have to do is slide the locker onto the hub, use some sealant, and bolt it down.

That's what I figured but wanted a second opinion. Thanks !!!

Did your hubs slide on easy or did you have to use a hammer?

A little lube and they slid on nice. Torqued them to 25 ft lbs. for now. Couldn't get grade 8 anywhere local so grabbed some grade 5 for now. Will see how she goes.

Looks good...all they need is a few scratches and some mud!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

True^ , i will say that the first thing I noticed is how liberated the steering is, with the power assist, it turns like butter now very smooth and feels like a smaller radius (don't know if that is true), very glad I did this. I know I should have used grade 8 but I couldn't get them. I won't use 4 wheel drive until I grab some and put them in. Thanks for everyone's help.

Here's how they look on the truck.

They look good on a good truck!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!