Not really sure where I should start this thread. But since I will likely make some modifications to the original design I figured it should be in the modified section.

I haven't really got a plan yet. I'm still trying to determine exactly what I want to end up with.

What I do know is I need to repair the significant rust damage before I have to worry about how stock to keep it.

Here it is the morning after I got it home.

It has a little over eight thousand miles on the odometer. The title was assigned to the owner in 1984. It has sat a long time unused. The previous owner did say he tried to get it going last year but gave up because his health was failing.

My first task was to see if I could get it to drive off my trailer. I checked the oil and saw it was low but actually looked fairly new and clean. I attached some new fuel line from the pump to a gas can in front of the truck and from the pump to the carb.

The engine had no generator attached and some of the wiring has been cut out. So I temped a couple batteries and ran a jumper from the coil to the positive side of the battery. There is no foot switch but there was a starter relay mounted to the fender. I wired to that and cranked it over. It fired up and ran great in just a few minutes of trying.

I was able to drive it off the trailer and onto my driveway. The brakes were not working so I didn't try anything crazy but was excited to hear it run so smoothly after sitting for so long.