Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shipping m715

I think it can be trusted, would be quite a trip at about 50mph.

I just shipped mine from upstate NY to WV. I used Riteway, like Uship they contract it out to a local driver.

I tried Uship first, and they ended up coming back with a great price , unfortunately they took a couple extra days to contact me and I ended up going with a slightly higher bid that called back first. In either case my vehicle was in transit less then 24 hours (diesel pickup towing a 5th wheel trailer, two vehicles on it besides mine).

Uship works like Priceline, you set a price and they find someone who will accept your offer. Long distance like yours, the idea of renting a car carrier might be cheaper.

Man, I think a chance to take three weeks off from work and just take the slow scenic route back would be a pretty cool trip.
    Life doesn't offer too many opportunities like that. Do it while you can...maybe even take the wife or girlfriend along....heck, take 'em both.

Fly out,rent a Uhaul or Ryder truck, load your 715 in the truck and bring her home. Look on Midwest Military's site under restorations and check out him loading his Command car in a Ryder truck.
    DaveJ

More and more I think about it the three week drive sounds pretty good.

If it is road worthy I would fly and drive. Stock truck gears will do 55-60.

Yeah, road trip!
    Take your time but you could do your own version of "roadkill", military style. Great show on motortrends u tube channel but seriously, its got 350 right? The truck would have more stories to tell

Put a high quality synthetic oil in the transfer case, keep an eye on temperature and take lots of photos!

I got my truck shipped from a company out sourced by uship... Was $350. Great bargain considering it cost me more then that to drive and see it, and I had a tow bar....but I didnt realize how big it was. haha. So i bought it and left it.
    The guy who I bought it from drove it up in 4WD, the guy had to make 2 other deliveries. So when i saw the guy, he wasnt actually thrilled about the truck bc it had to be pulled on and off. It gave him a hard time bc he had no experience.. Apparently acidic Jews wanted to buy my truck from him in the streets of Brooklyn, right before he made it to me. He said they had to help him figure how to get it back on the truck again. I wasn't too thrilled to hear this of course,. But I was happy to see the truck. My maiden voyage was from a local stop and shop grocery parkin lot to my house. If I wouldve towed it w the amount of gear oil and other misc things. I dont know if it wouldve made it.
    Pros and cons.....in my experience

You could try Car Shipping Pros. They will give you an average price estimate, post your load and then contact you with bids they receive on your behalf.
    They give you an estimate upfront so tha you can make a reasonable informed decision once bids start coming in.
    I am working with them on a load right now from Miami FL to Niagara Falls NY and it looks like around $1350 average. Pretty cheap considering the mileage.