Thread: need some advice

Default need some advice

I bought a really nice 67 m715 several months ago. It has really nicely built 383 stroker in it and already has power steering and they had already got rid of the split rims and put a new set of boggers on her. Also had been converted to 12 volts and I replaced the master cylinder over to the corvette master cylinder. I've been looking at changing the front and rear end and a transfer case swap so I can get highway speeds and also be able to maneuver around a little better. I just need some advice on the easyest way to swap the front and rear end and the best transfer case swap. I still want to keep everything as strong as possible for off road but gain some more speed on the high way at the same time.

Welcome to the zone. Since you already have a sbc in there, I would find a donor chevy truck, use the axles, trans and transfer case. That is what I did for mine.

You will need to fabricate mounts for the new trans/tc, and likely have the drive shaft length changed, so keep that in mind as part of the project. There will be other things, like spring perches, brake lines etc. that you will need to address ass well. Good luck and post up pictures!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I put a Chevy D60 front in mine, spring under. Not difficult to do.

info all over here if you just do a search or two, but basically 70's chevy axles & t-case are what you want. They bolt in with very little effort. B-series Dodge front axles are also very close and can be made to work. I have no idea how common they are out where you are, but out in the southwest you can find them pretty easily. I almost went that route myself until I snagged a rolling 1-ton chevy frame off someone. There are a few other jems from other sources that are nice, but thats a basic rundown.

And also another warm welcome. My Post count isn't very high, but I've been on here quite a while. Its a pretty special place. Fits our trucks I suppose

Oh! and for the T-case.... rebuilding the NP200 is an option, once again, if you search around on here you can find many on here have had great success with making them work as good as an NP205 just doing that; obviously the NP205 out of a chevy or dodge for married mount and passenger drop, maybe international if you find one and want to go divorced; and the NP241 out of 80's and early 90's chevys and dodges. I know a lot of people don't like them, but I've never had a problem with them, and I have a few buddies who have broke every part of their jeeps around the t-case and not broken anything in or on it. They're really not as bad as some say. Plus, how many 90's 12v cummins dodges have you heard of blowing them up? In SLED PULLS no less... case in point. they're tough.