Thread: Bedliner

Default Bedliner

My truck currently has a bed-liner. It needs to be redone as I have some repairs to do and some chips in the liner. Does anyone know if I can just put another liner over the old liner? If not what do I use to remove the old liner? Thanks
    1969 M715

I doubt any bed liner place would say that they can guarantee their liner over another because you would be relying on the bottom liner. Sure they would probably spray it for you though.

Have you considered just touching it up yourself from the liner kits you can buy at auto stores. Of course it wouldn't match and would stand out.

If I was worried about looks I would get another bed for the few hundred they cost.

Removing the bed liner would be labour intensive. Probably the only thing that you could use at home to get it off is a 7" grinder and a cup wire wheel.

Industrial pressure washing will probably get it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks maskale! I was pretty sure it would be hard to get off. Also that touching it up would stand out. So, I will most likely get a kit and redo it all so it looks the same. It it starts to come off I can touch it up again.
    1969 M715

No telling what kind of bedliner that the PO used in ours.
    But, we had pretty good success using POR-15 stripper, chisels for scrapers, and a lot of elbow grease.
    It worked, but I wouldn't want to do over again.

I though about trying to remove it but It would be a lot of work. So I think my best bet is to just go over it with new stuff and see what happens.
    1969 M715