Thread: E-brake replacement

Default E-brake replacement

Hello everyone, Happy Thanksgiving first, and here's my issue and it may sound like a dumb question but I can't get the J-bolt out to replace the brake band? I've got all the retaining parts off, everything moves around there just seems not to be enough room under the cab to pull the bolt out. Any input will help, thank you

Default Springs??

Also are any of the springs readily available at a parts store or do I have to go to match them up at ace or somewhere?

Call memphis equipment or vintage power wagons for parts. brakes arnt something to skimp on. jmo
    morgan

Ok so I figured it out. Got the band off. Time to find springs

some hardware store springs will work, as long as they are strong enough to release the brake.

Ok thank you

If you dont have correct spring the band will "not" open up enough and the linning will scrub the drum,build heat in short order and ruin everything your doing.

Ok so I tryed to match up springs and I think I pick up ones that are too long or strong, I can't get the band to close to put the J-bolt nuts on. The ones that came off, came off in a bunch of pieces, so it's hard to match them up. Can anyone help me with what size springs should I get?