Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: staying signed in

Default staying signed in

my computer used to remember me everytime I sign on to the zone.
    and would remember my screen setting(lighter version).
    now everytime I log on I have to sign in and use my password as well as change the screen setting.
    is this my computers issue or is this a problem of the website not retaining my info?
    I am checking the "remember me ' box every time.
    1967 M715 WO/W
    m38a1 1953
    m101a1 trailer

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    my computer used to remember me everytime I sign on to the zone.
    and would remember my screen setting(lighter version).
    now everytime I log on I have to sign in and use my password as well as change the screen setting.
    is this my computers issue or is this a problem of the website not retaining my info?
    I am checking the "remember me ' box every time.
    It is an issue with your browser, IE, Firefox, Chrome etc. You may want to check the settings. Did your browser do an update recently?

Yes...most likely it is the browser....sometimes rebooting the system helps...sometimes changing the cookies settings is the answer...
    On the server end, everything is the same...sorrym for the trouble though...its a pain i know...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Mine remembers my settings too, so it must be on your end, heywood.
    -- Tim Taylor

Mine does that too. I use Firefox. Annoying.

I have been using Firefox for several years now. If you have to sign in every time, I suspect the settings in your browser is set to delete passwords upon exit of the site. You may want to check you settings or try setting them to the default setting.

I'm having the same problem. Time to have my daughter check things out for me.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

I have used Netscape Navigator or Firefox since I arrived in cyberspace getting close to 2 decades ago...no problems with the browser as long as the settings are right.

What browser are the people with the troubles all using? At least 1 is firefox....others?
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

i'm using chrome and had problems at first, and then i went in and changed my setting because i was having problems with my email and a few others not staying signed in, as Don said it was the settings in my browser, change to "remember passwords", should solve your problems.

When I get on to the site, I have to log on every time even though I have remember passwords set. I am using firefox. Every time I make a post, by the time I go to submit reply, I have to enter my password again. Sometimes it will really screw up and forget after I sign in that I was trying to post something and it will lose all of my text. I have learned that I need to COPY what I wrote, then try to post it, and when It screws up, I can just PASTE it back on a new message screen. It has been like this for several years now, before that it was fine. I know that I have the cookies and the history delete after every session selected. I am sure that is what is doing it. It seems like it will log you off after a certain time. On the bright side, I havent gotten a virus on my computer in a couple years either.