Thread: Spray in bed liner

Default Spray in bed liner

My son works for a dealership and does the spray in bed liners on the new trucks, he said he can do my M for about 150.00 but I really wanted to keep it stock looking so not to keen on the idea of the black. He said that the distributor came by and showed them some new colors and one of them is OD green.

Has anyone seen this OD spray in color before? I dont want to do it and then find out it's some funky green.
    Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Only way to really tell is get a sample. Different brads will have different colors or green. Be sure to ask how it fades color wise and gloss wise. I don't like gloss liners personally. Some loose their gloss some don't.

At the state fair last year Line-x, Rhino and a couple of others had their display booths. I stopped and talked to one salesman about the paintable stuff. It was sprayed in and was about 1/4" to 1/2" thick. I guess not all of the products will accept paint but this new formula would. He had several samples, some smooth, some rough. They had some that was pre-tinted but he fessed-up that it had a tendency to fade depending on the color you got. I don't remember which company it was but I bet it would be easy to find out.

I did the roll-on bed liner on my truck 3 or 4 years ago. when the liner was still sticky I painted it with o.d. it still looks good, no more faded than the rest of the truck and has not chipped off.....al

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I assume the reason for the bedliner is so that you can use the bed to haul stuff? If so, it will get scuffed, will fade and will not be stock, no matter the brand.

I've been using Rhino, applied with a gun for a long time and it works well and holds up pretty well too, but it will fade or bleach out with UV exposure just like all the products out there. I've tried Line-X and Herculiner as well. Real world use has shown me that they all have their advantages and shortcomings. As far as tinting and painting it, that really seems to be a non-issue in its longevity, no matter the brand.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I'm gonna see if my son can get a sample, I know different brands have different textures and come in gloss, semi-gloss & flat.
    Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1