Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Rhino gets a start on restoration finally.

Default Black Rhino gets a start on restoration finally.

Finally made progress on the Black Rhino. Its been over 6 months and health and life have kept me from working on the ole girl. Anyway... here are a couple deconstruction pics so I can start the fab work.....

Looks like a great project, what are your plans for it? Resto, Mod or something in between. Looks like a v8 up front?

Thanks... big plans... well see how they turn out. ive been back and forth on drivetrain but I think I am goin to end up with dana60/14bolt NP205 gm 5.3/4l60. Right now its a 305 and a 700r4 and the stock axles and transfer case (which is spoken for )

Gonna keep the stock leaf springs and pull a couple out of each pack.
    Plans include

14-16" bed bob
    Custom built steel hardtop ala JK style
    37x12.5x17s or possibly HMMV tires
    As modern and comfy interior as I can build, at least heat, maybe AC
    still trying to decide between black paint and black linex for the entire body.

Where in Texas are you and what are your plans for the 700R4?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Where in Texas are you and what are your plans for the 700R4?
    I'm in wichita falls. The truck is in okc for now. The 700 holds no place in my heart. If you need it let me know. I'm all about trading some items around.

I am interested in the 700. Is it 2wd or 4wd? I can use either style. What are you needing because I will be traveling through your town on June 23rd bringing my Scouts back from Colorado.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Hey, I have a brother in WF. Only see him once every two years. He's a jet mechanic but can't tell you how a clutch works...
    Sounds like a pretty cool setup once you get it all done. Keep us updated with pics as you go, we love watching a project take shape. PM sent about the swap.

Is that a tray under the frame for a gas tank to slide into?
    Good to see you getting started on it again.
    Keep the pics coming.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    I am interested in the 700. Is it 2wd or 4wd? I can use either style. What are you needing because I will be traveling through your town on June 23rd bringing my Scouts back from Colorado.
    Its a 2wd. Im not sure what I really need other than maybe a hood. Unless you happen to have an extra FSJ or Saginaw power steering box... something easy to carry since youll be on a trip would be best I suppose. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    Is that a tray under the frame for a gas tank to slide into?
    Good to see you getting started on it again.
    Keep the pics coming.
    Its a 1/4 "Skid" plate fabricated by the fire dept that had the truck before me. Its going to go bye bye and be replaced with a better built unit.