Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 bolt disc questions?

Default 14 bolt disc questions?

Ok I started to get the axles ready for the Jeep, I took apart the axle cleaned it up and started putting it back together. Bolted on my new brackets rotors installed and mounted my new calipers.
    Now taking a few quick measurements the spring perchs on the CUCV is 40", the M715 rear is 51"...so moving my new perch over 5.5" to line up for the old springs. This puts the perch almost to the end of the axle tube, my brake caliper is right in the way?
    So I must clock the bracket down to to clear under the spring. So what brackets are people using to make this work? The brackets I have will not clock in the right spot, the brake would be at the bottom.
    Any other tips I need to know would be helpful.
    Thanks Andrew

Default 14 bolt disc questions?

Can u redrill the bracket. Or weld it. I know this has been talked about here, about having to rotate the caliper down.

The brackets I bought are unable to drill due to their design. So i will need to buy new brackets. Looking at undercover fab works.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by maskale View Post
    Can u redrill the bracket. Or weld it. I know this has been talked about here, about having to rotate the caliper down.
    I re-drilled mine to sit at the 9 o'clock position. I got the brackets from Great Lakes Offroad
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Here are the ones in my class belonging to Sermis:

Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I got mine from Ruff Stuff Specialties. They are clockable and are bolt on, not weld on. Here is a picture.

You can tell both of us haven't been using those brakes in a while. Lots of rust on those rotors.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

It is called not enough time or not enough money or____________. I don't even have the brake lines run. At least the brackets look nice. My son says I need it done so he can take it to the drive-in this coming summer. Maybe he can watch the drive in from the truck....on the trailer. Arghhhh.

I can clock my brackets to the bottom, but I did not think it would look right. Was thinking more about the whole bleeding thing. I was looking to get them at the 3 and 9 position. Spoke to Undercover Fab today and his brackets have 3 different sets of holes to clock the bracket, thinking this may give me what I am looking for.
    Thanks for the pictures makes it much better to see what works.
    Andrew

You can pull the caliper off, put a block of wood in there and bleed with the bleeder valve on top if that is your only worry.