Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lulu build

Default Lulu build

So, finally got a little done! Learned a lot along the way, figured some things out, found I'm smarter than I thought and thank GOD for friends like mine. Wouldn't have worked without them!

So decided to start with the bed and learn from there, new exhaust. Treat the bed to some much needed rust prevention, and a new wiring harness. New wiring was required, the truck would just turn off by itself after 20-30 minutes, figure the wiring got hot, circuit breakers would pop. just hit the fan!

Enough of the why. Got some pics to share and things I learned along the way.

http://s1215.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=1

Truck with the bedd off, had about 8 guys lift it and then put it in the garage.

[IMG][/IMG]

Trying to get the pic copied straight to the post.

[IMG][/IMG]

The frame painted in POR 15. Had the exhaust put in by the local muffler shop. The biggest thing was to get the frame nice, and not hear the exhaust anymore. Small victory for me!! Now I can start it in the morning and not ake the entire neighborhood.

Axle, drums, brake lines and shocks once I move.

[IMG][/IMG]

Bottom of bed POR 15. Nice easy prep, however you'll see in the next pic that I shold have bought more!

[IMG][/IMG]

The red is End Rust Forever (ERF). Stuff was good, but the POR 15 is soooo much easier and better. Had missed a dew small spots and figured some accents will be nice.

[IMG][/IMG]

Bed liner!! Used dupli color paint on bed liner. Worked really well until the temp went down tooooooo 30 ( the most foulest expletives) finding bubbles all over the bed 3 days later makes someone upset. So when I find a new home, I'll be doing the bed again this summer.

[IMG][/IMG]

Got a top done by my next door neighbor. He is a parachute rigger in the Navy! Canvas top has two types of canvas, the top is weather proof and the underside is just plain canvas. The connection into the windshield frame is from a CJ5 bikini top from previous. Lots of grommets for it down. Going to string it to the middle holes later with some wooden post.

[IMG][/IMG]

From the back, have a new (to me) tire carrier.

[IMG][/IMG]

Posted this more for reference (for me). This is what she used to look like! Smaller tires, glad I got rid of these.