Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New pictures of cab

mine came with the logo

I really can't answer that question about the horn button. Truth is, when I was in the Army in 1969 thru 1975 and a truck driver/mechanic I never ever saw a M715 with the logo horn button. I've seen lots of photos of that type of button, but it always seemed unusual to me that a military vehicle had a civilian type horn button. I'm sure someone will chime in and clear this question up.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Both of my '67 steering wheels came with Blacked-out Jeep buttons. Similar wear/patina as the wheel in both cases.

I went to the blank cover though, for the military look. Easy enough to switch them out when/if the mood strikes...
    keith.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zuffenhaus.us

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

As far as I am aware, the stock trucks never used a Jeep logo on the horn button. They were all smooth. Most likely the Jeep buttons were installed later as the smooth buttons don't seem to be available anymore, and they usually get damaged from UV and crumble.

Oh, and that is a really nice job on that truck Potts! Looks like it stepped right out of service.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Thanks Randy, coming from a man of your experience in these trucks I'm honored. I'm not very good at pictures as you can tell buy the glare of the sun. Their's a couple more floating around on this site somewhere. They may tell a better story. Thanks again.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

I have the Jeep logo on 3 of the 5 trucks that I have had and also the M725 also had one I think

I have four spare steering wheels, plus three trucks, and only one spare wheel has the blank cap. All the others have the Jeep logo.

There's just too many Jeep logo buttons to say they were replaced after they were built, methinks.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Default New pictures of cab

Any of those four steering wheels round? Or all ovals?

keith.

(sent from my rotary dial phone.)
    keith.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zuffenhaus.us

Quote Originally Posted by eimkeith View Post
    Any of those four steering wheels round? Or all ovals?

keith.

(sent from my rotary dial phone.)
    They are all ovals, because that's the way they all came from the factory was as an oval. Actuall they are a little bit more of a soft D shape with the flatter edge on the bottom.

And yes, my 8/67 truck has a Jeep logo cap and it looks like it has been there since it was issued.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    They are all ovals, because that's the way they all came from the factory was as an oval. Actuall they are a little bit more of a soft D shape with the flatter edge on the bottom.
    I'm still wrapping my head around that reality.
    keith.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zuffenhaus.us