Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member intro

Default new member intro

Hello all, couldn't find an intro thread so am posting here.
    By my moniker 67U20, I was a CH47 mech. in Viet Nam. Our unit had, as I recall, a couple of the M-715's in the motor pool. Several years back a friend
    took me to see a real charactor in the Napa Co. area. If it was ever made.... he had one or several. Including the M-715. Said friend a couple of weeks ago informed me that one was available so I called the fellow and lo and behold. The one for sale he bought years back at a GSA auction, it is complete and still in Mil Spec shape. He never titled it just put it in a shed
    an let it sit for 20 + years. About the only thing that was 'altered' while in Service has been a camo paint job most likely by a National Guard Unit.
    Once it is at my home, the fun begins! Go through it to make it road worthy and put my 'Nam Unit markings on the front and rear bumpers an that's about it for now.
    I look forward to researching as much as I can on the forum to keep it up and perhaps someday upgrading the engine from the OHC Toronado to???

Welcome. This is a great site with many knowledgeable folks who can answer just about any question concerning the m715. Try and post as many pictures as you can...we like pictures.

Welcome to the zone 67!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Yes, welcome aboard 67U20 !!

Welcome to the Zone and I agree with FNG post pix we would love to see how your Jeep looks. If you have any questions feel free to ask the information on this site and it's members is unparallelled.
    Chris

Welcome home brother, and welcome to the zone. As the others said, get some photos up as soon as possible. We're all here to help with your new project.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Welcome to the Zone! Congrats on your find and purchase!
    Thanks for all the help!

Sightings of an M715 in Vietnam seem to be few and far between. Good to have a veteran from Nam confirm they were there. Seems like whenever my truck is at a cruise night or car show, not many vets remember seeing them in-country? Welcome aboard friend.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

welcome!!!

Thanks for the reception! There is one problem I did not mention, I am out of the Country until May so pics will not be forth coming unless I get my friend ( who will be retrieving it for me)take them and send 'em, after which I'll post 'em.