Thread: Kaiser Warranty

I recently bought a 68 M715 still in military flavor with rear bows and troop seats. It only had 12K on it. I think it sat in a salt bath most of it's life cause it is a very rusty. It could have been saved but I wanted it for the parts for my 67. The curious thing is that it still had the Kaiser warranty sticker on the dash. Among other things the warranty period says "6 months or 6,000 miles". Just wondered if anyone had seen that before.

Yep, mine has it, it was painted over and barly legible, but it was there.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Mine has it on there cracked a little but still readable.

In the online manuals linked at left, in the Project Managers manual, the whole warranty is listed as follows:

WARRANTY INFORMATION

Kaiser Jeep Corporation guarantees this vehicle and parts thereof against defects in design, material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of acceptance or 6000 miles, whichever may occur first.
    The Government representative will give written notice to Kaiser Jeep Corporation, Government Products Division, Toledo, Ohio of any warranty claim, explaining in detail the type of defect including the vehicle serial number, date of acceptance, and mileage and part identification.
    For vehicles and parts thereof located within the 50 States of the United States and the District of Columbia—the Government, at Kaiser Jeep Corporation’s expense, will return defective material to the location designated by Kaiser Jeep Corporation. If not practicable to return the defective supplies, the Government may correct or replace defective supplies in place at Kaiser Jeep Corporation’s expense including labor costs providing Kaiser Jeep Corporation is first provided the opportunity to correct in place.
    For defective vehicles and parts thereof located outside the 50 States of the United States and the District of Columbia, the Government is responsible for transportation costs to the United States port of entry and return therefrom. Kaiser Jeep Corporation is responsible for transportation costs from the United States port of entry to the Kaiser Jeep Corporation designated destination and return thereto.

I have seen the 6 months on the stickers....the Project Managers manual was written between the time of the contract being accepted and production begining...the 2 years listed in this manual may have changed in that timeframe.....
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default M715 in North East

my truck still has the sticker on it just left of the steering wheel... it also has a stick listing what a safe driver is with 10 or so thing like " a good driver dosent drink and drive and a good driver reports acsidents promptly" or somthing like that...
    M715,s..are a mans jeep...

I think they tried to get away with that on some of their civilian models, too! LOL! 6K in military service isn't too shabby, IMHO. Whaddya'll think?