Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my first m715

Cool my first m715

just purchased a stock m715 jeep from my friend with a bad fuel pump any dos and donts that i need to know

Welcome to the M715 Forum. You will find many helpful members here with much experience.

If your truck is new to you and it needs a fuel pump, how about the fuel tank? Often, they are full of rust but not always. Is your truck "stock" or is it modified?

Drop the fuel tank and clean it and check its condition. And the fuel pick up line in there. A dirty tank always causes trouble down the line every time.

Be sure to use the search icon in the task bar in the upper part of the screen.

Welcome.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Nothing productive to add, just "welcome". Post up a few pictures of your truck
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

You cannot get that piggy backed fuel pump (with vacuum pump on top) at NAPA, or any other auto parts store, but I think you can get the rebuild kits?
    I have a spare fuel pump, distributor, and coil with me all the time. When I can find the right tire tubes cheap I will have a jack, spare tube, tire irons, and duck billed tire hammer with me on the road. No shop is willing to change a truck tire with split rims even if it not the dangerous kind, may as well do it yourself.
    Feast or famine,

moved from website issues
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Welcome to the Zone! Yep, we seem to be a very visual group and love to see some pictures!

Is your pump stock? Fuel on one end and vacuum on the other? I sent mine to:

http://www.maritimedragracing.com/th...otive___se.htm .

They did a great job!!
    Thanks for all the help!

Welcome!

Here is an image from the parts manual of the fuel pump. The BLUE arrow is the vacuum portion of the pump. The RED arrow is the fuel portion of the pump. As you can see, it is a two-part pump, unlike the civilian version. If you want to keep the truck original and with vacuum wipers, you would want to use the two-part pump. Other than that, some guys use the civilian version which is fuel only and/or an electric fuel pump mounted near the tank. They can be either 12 Volt or 24 Volt depending on the system you have.

Hope this helps!

Default more problems = more fun

i started it for the first time yesterday it runs like a top i used a civvy feul pump and installed a holly carb off a dodge engine now my tank is off being cleaned and built a new pick up tube now my pressure plate keep getting stuck and now its stuck in gear

[IMG]m715-1[/IMG]