Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas Pedal Balls On The Floor

Default Gas Pedal Balls On The Floor

What do you guys use when the balls that the gas pedal attaches to the floor with rust away? My gas pedal is in two pieces. But I do have another one that isn't too bad (Thanks Ron!). But the balls on the floor are just about gone. Is there some kind of replacement available for them?

Thanks in advance,
    Don

I have wondered the same. I think I'm just going to go with a fire wall mounted pedal when I get to it.

But on eBay search "jeep clutch ball", couple results that may be made to work depending on size of the ball. Maybe email the seller.

There is another seller that actually has some military ones, have to find them again. But they look similar to the ones in that you will find in that search.

Dont you just hate it when your balls rust. Haha

On a serious note: I would be interested with what you come up with because my balls are getting rusty as well and also the little rubber strap is ripped all the way accross on my pedal. Im going to have to replace it sooner or later.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I actually just came in from working on my truck. I was reaching in my truck and working the gas pedal with my left hand and pushing the starter button with my right, which is no easy task being that I just had my stitches removed from carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand. Left hand will be done in 6 weeks. Anyway, while working the gas pedal I also noticed a tear in the lower portion near the floor. Do you think anything could be fabricated to connect pedal and floor mount? Maybe a rigid piece of rubber secured to the pedal by small screws and then to the existing floor piece? Just a thought.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

those balls are standard and available. Do a google search on "ball studs" under image and find a photo that looks similar (there are a LOT of versions). Follow that photo to a supplier and they should have a dimension chart for the studs available which look similar.

Finding the exact match might take a while (sorting out the chinese sites which flood the web) but they are there.

I had to chase some ball studs for a different project a couple of months ago---it's just a treasure hunt to see who has the dimensions you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozmo View Post
    those balls are standard and available. Do a google search on "ball studs" under image and find a photo that looks similar (there are a LOT of versions). Follow that photo to a supplier and they should have a dimension chart for the studs available which look similar.

Finding the exact match might take a while (sorting out the chinese sites which flood the web) but they are there.

I had to chase some ball studs for a different project a couple of months ago---it's just a treasure hunt to see who has the dimensions you need.
    Thanks for the info. However, what is on the floor of my truck is just about completely gone. So, I was wondering if someone knows the diameter of said balls? If and when I sort this out, I will share the information with others.

Thanks again!

Don,

The stud length measures 1 1/2" with 5/16" of that dimension being the threads. When I lay a stud ball onto a tape measure, the dimension is probably a hair less than 7/16" width, depending on your hair color preference.

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    Don,

The stud length measures 1 1/2" with 5/16" of that dimension being the threads. When I lay a stud ball onto a tape measure, the dimension is probably a hair less than 7/16" width, depending on your hair color preference.
    Great! That helps a lot. I will do research next week (busy traveling again) and when I find something, I will share it.

Thanks a million.

I had the same issue with my truck. I ended up taking a bolt, welding some round stock on top of it and then turning it on a lathe to make the ball end. The pic below shows them before the threaded end was cut down to the correct length.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Truck View Post
    I had the same issue with my truck. I ended up taking a bolt, welding some round stock on top of it and then turning it on a lathe to make the ball end. The pic below shows them before the threaded end was cut down to the correct length.
    That is one fine example of fabricating a replacement part! You did an awsome job. Photo explains it all. I would have thought that the pedal assembly would have been alittle less complicated.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"