Thread: Wheel cylinders

Default Wheel cylinders

Does anyone know the part number for the stock wheel cylinders? I have one that is shot. Thanks.

Jay

They are left and right as you already know. I will see if I have a left side. I know I don't have a right side. AB Linn had them. They are new, not NOS and whilst they didn't say it, I would bet that they are made in China. Not necessarily bad. I have them on my truck.

7022 Jones Road
    Salisbury, NC 28147‎

(704) 637-9076

Back to you soon...

I just checked and there is no part number on the WC.

You may also want to try Vintage Power Wagons. They have a lot of the M715 stuff but it is not listed on their website. They have a seller on that auction site called "italylovers" and AB Linn sells there also as "ablinninc".

Also, you may want to read this thread if you have not:

Wheel Cylinder Conversion

Sorry to clog this thread. The bore of front and back; left and right is 1-1/16". Should be able to get new piston seals from Wagner Lockheed.

Check this out at the auction site:

Last edited by Don Cavey; September 4th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    Sorry to clog this thread. The bore of front and back; left and right is 1-1/16". Should be able to get new piston seals from Wagner Lockheed.

Check this out at the auction site:

Thanks for the info!

Wow don your really working overtime on this thread. I also appreciate your info on wheel cyl because im going to check all of mine in the next week or two and now I know where to get them if I need to. I just got a new motor for my truck. Once I put the motor in I know ill be able to move, I just want to make sure ill be able to stop when im done moving haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Wow don your really working overtime on this thread. I also appreciate your info on wheel cyl because im going to check all of mine in the next week or two and now I know where to get them if I need to. I just got a new motor for my truck. Once I put the motor in I know ill be able to move, I just want to make sure ill be able to stop when im done moving haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Master cylinder is often Kaput as well. You can get NOS ones from several of the vendors listed. Keep in mind that the original MC has the connection on the bottom. The new ones have it on the driver side so you will most likely have to make a new line from the MC to the junction block, a very simple task and you can usually buy line that is the correct length.

Some members have changed to power brakes and dual master cylinder. All good ideas. But I wanted mind stock as I remember it and I don't haul any loads so single works for me. I replaced every single piece of steel line and the three flex lines as well.

Please keep us posted...

Check out this thread... I found new wheel cylinders, made in USA for about 5 bucks each. There is also some other info in this thread.

Bendix Wheel Cylinders... .36