Thread: Twin Sister

Default Twin Sister

OK so I got some info the other day from Ken aka Kyken (Very big Thanks to Ken) and I thought some of you might like to hear it as well. I found out that my M715 has a twin sister. I always thought that my mods were done by a talented craftsmen at a fire dept or something of the sort. However seeing this makes me wonder who really did this? Were they a part of the same Dept? Did the forestry service do this? The twin came "according to the owner" from the Virginia Forestry Service through GSA. I made a call to them and spoke with someone that has worked with the forestry service for 33 years "most of which was as a mechanic" He said it wasn't a mod done by them that he knew of, I gave him Vin numbers and he couldn't come up with anything. I'm going to call the owner back and see about getting the gsa receipt which is how he could track it better. (Joe if you read this and have that receipt I'd love a copy of it or can tell me which state it came from it would help?) I know I may never find out what base or whatever my jeep was at while in the military or anything like that but I would love to know what fire dept had it. Fire Depts are a big part of a community and as such they would have tons of pictures (parades, local news papers, special events, and fire scenes) I may have my hopes up a bit but I know how my dept was. If I can track it back that far I would be very happy I would love to see my M715 fighting a fire or in a parade as a fire fighter as I was. This Jeep reminds me of how I was raised and how much fun it was being a fire fighter, it's who I am and who my Jeep was. But enough of all that here are the pix of my Jeep and the one Ken found you'll see for yourselves why I'm so excited to know more about it. Oh and to top it all off the Vin numbers are 73 digits apart. Mine is 20615 DD of 2-1968 Twin sister is 29688 DD 2-1968 I may be wrong but I have a feeling they came off the line within days of each other. Posting data plates too. Enjoy and if you have info that will help please post it I would love to have it.
    My Baby:

Chris

Twin Sister:

Chris

Hey Chris,
    Did you get to see it in person? Did you take the pics?
    They had to be stationed somewhere the same after the Military. I can't believe how exact the mods are! Just amazing to me! Glad your enjoying it...
    Thanks for all the help!

Makes me wonder if there are more like this. The only other black truck I've seen was in Nebraska, of course that doesn't mean a thing...

Chris,

The truck came from Missouri. I have some pictures at home that might show the FD name.

There is another member from KC that bought a truck just like it. It had the neon yellow paint.

I guess is that there was a company that built the conversions for the Forrestry Service.

I have seen about 4 or 5 differnt trucks with the same conversion.
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

Another 715 saved from the Feds

The guys name is Chris Unger

Actuall the guys name is Chicklin. He is in KC. Chris is in St Louis

I think I may have found one...

Here is the thread where Chicklin brought his home.

Ok going off the pics when Joe brought the jeep home I can see the state of Missouri scratched out on the top, smokey the bear on the door and a fire fighter association sticker that you can only read part of. However from what you can see the first 4 letters are "FRAN" and on the other side "county". pulling up a list of county's in MO and you get only one that starts with an "F" Franklin County but the top part of the sticker is cut off in the pix and in the other it's so distorted when you zoom in you can't read what the other county is. So I started in Franklin county after getting no where with there state forestry service. I called the county court house and spoke with a nice young lady that informed me that the sticker prolly says "Franklin Gasconade County Fire Fighter Association" Very helpful. So having now left Franklin County I moved over to Gasconade county clerks office having not been able to find a main courthouse number. Another nice young lady offered the fire chiefs name and number for there dept. He's been a fire fighter for 31 years and has seen many M715's and retired military vehicles come through their depts. One bit of information that is going to help here is on all 4 sides of the truck and might be over looked. The number 248 most depts have number for every truck and person. For instance in my old dept the 2 m715's were 405 and 406 and I was 428. Having that number just narrowed it down even more and I'm waiting to hear back from the fire chief but the only town with truck numbers in the 200-299 range is the City of Bland, Missouri Volunteer Fire Department. So I'm not sure about the twin but from the looks of things my jeep came from that dept or one of the other 9 to 12 dept in that association. Since it's such a small number of depts the chief said he would find out which one and call me back. As soon as I hear back from him I will post up what I find. I have my fingers crossed that I can get pics and stories about my jeep in action in the fire dept.
    Chris