Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found Some Missing Photos

Default Found Some Missing Photos

Three photos of my M715 in Germany. Shameless, I know...

First picture is of the left front tire. I had done the paint on the letters. It was silver paint, not white as was done in the 70s.

This is the engine compartment. You can see that the spark plug wires were in fact secured with hose clamps. That confirms what is shown in the TM.

And I was checking the oil. My son-in-law wanted to know if I was going to recreate the earlier picture of me sitting in the cab only with my present M715. I will but it will take time...

You have seen these before...

Hey Don, GREAT picture once again! Thank you for sharing. Interesting that the valve cover is dark with the "Jeep" and other lettering highlighted. I did not know some came stock with heaters either. THANKS DON!
    Thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by kyken View Post
    Hey Don, GREAT picture once again! Thank you for sharing. Interesting that the valve cover is dark with the "Jeep" and other lettering highlighted. I did not know some came stock with heaters either. THANKS DON!
    Sorry that I didn't mention that I had highlighted the Jeep logo on the valve cover. Used the same silver paint that was used on the GoodYear tires. OOPS!

hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    Nice pics.
    VIN : 13003 DATE : 6-67

Great Pics Don Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Chris

Very cool pics. But the valve cover is painted - black?. I like the painted jeep logo too. Also, I see the fire extinguisher mounted on it's side behind the seat.

Looks like the horn button is the solid green and not the civilian kaiser jeep?

Also, has the spartan-style turn signal with the original-style distribution box.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Very cool pics. But the valve cover is painted - black?. I like the painted jeep logo too. Also, I see the fire extinguisher mounted on it's side behind the seat.

Looks like the horn button is the solid green and not the civilian kaiser jeep?
    The valve cover was black from the factory, and I just highlighted the raised letters. Why not? I was 20 years old and this was MY truck!

Yes! I have the mount for the fire extinguisher and a charged (but no label) fire extinguisher to mount on my truck.

Yes, the horn button was solid green and that is what I have form my truck too when I finish restoring the extra steering wheel that I got. Gosh, you gotta love JB Weld!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Also, has the spartan-style turn signal with the original-style distribution box.
    And that is exactly why I am converting my 1969 truck back to the Spartan type of turn signal. That is what I had and I have an NOS turn signal unit and NOS distribution box. Can't wait!!!

I have four extra steering wheel assemblies, and only one has the painted cover. All the other ones, including the three trucks I have, have the Jeep logo with a clear cover.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Don,I really enjoy your pics !!!!!!

Kwai has mentioned the weatherstriping to me that goes below the the window frame and now I see again!

Keep them pics coming!!