Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear spring arch

Default Rear spring arch

My pair of NOS rear springs just came from AB Linn.
    With both springs setting on the shop floor upside down on their eyes, one is noticably arched higher (1/2" difference).
    If I put the higher spring on the driver's side, will the truck set level enough not to notice considering the weight of a tank of gas?

Hmmm, never seen that before, they were always matched
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Yea, I'm not sure whether I should contact AB Linn or not. Shipping charges on these things are a killer to send one back to get another one.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I probably wouldn't worry about 1/2" of difference given that the M715 weighs around 5,500 lbs. Have you ever stood behind any Jeep and looked at it?

The "Toledo Tilt" is par for the course.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I just remeasured the springs, they are 3/4" off between the two- one 9 5/8" and the other 8 7/8" from the floor to the top of the arches, so I sent AB Linn a e-mail.

just mount em up put a heavy load on it and every thing will be fine

I wouldnt worry about it.

Thanks all for the advice, but this time I have to dissagree. I doubt that the springs would set square on the pads with a 3/4" difference without a shim block. Especially assembling the chasis with out the weight of the body/bed in place.
    Anyhow, AB Linn just notified me that he is sending another spring after explaining the problem. My kind of parts vendor

That's good of the vendor.

When ur suspension flexes, the spring pad surfaces don't want to be on the same plane, but ur axle makes sure it is. Spring bushings make it possible

AB Linn is very good. But I wouldn't have worried about such a small difference.

Let's just hope that the third spring you get matches one of the other two!