Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First ride in over a year

Default First ride in over a year

Today was the first time I've driven my 715 (on the road) in well over a year. With everything going on the new baby,baby needing surgery, and building another jeep and my friends son standing on the side pipe and snapping my manifold my 715 has been a tool bench in my garage. but today the wife and baby are in CT and I decided I would take it out for a spin. Got my antique plate on removed the top and took off. Felt great going down the road at 45. Watching all the peopl looking at me trying to figure out what I was driving. Only problem I had was the brakes. I think there's a vacume leek somewhere or they need to be adjusted. When I'd go to stop it would pull to the left and I'd have to stand on it to get pressure. But all in all great feeling having it back on the road

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Glad you had a good ride!!!
    I have a right seat. Still need to get postage for you.
    Do you have a welder as the seatback, center support needs to tacked back at the top.
    Take care...
    Thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by RJBM715 View Post

When I'd go to stop it would pull to the left and I'd have to stand on it to get pressure. But all in all great feeling having it back on the road
    Pulling to one side usually ends up being a wheel cylinder issue. Either one side is frozen and not working (not likely) or the other side is leaking brake fluid out of the wheel cylinder and it is contaminating the brake shoes. Also, if it is pulling does it pull the wheel or just kinda lean in to one direction? Leaning often is the back brakes and pulling the steering wheel is a front cylinder. You may just want to go over the wheel cylinders and replace the cups if they have been in service for several years, especially if it has been sitting idle. I know, a pain but that is what we have to do to keep our stuff running!

Glad you went for a ride. I wish I could say the same

Forgot to mention (I think) that leaking oil past the differential seal can cause brakes to pull as well.

I actually looked up the wheel cylinder mod after the ride. The wheel was pulling to the left

Brakes who needs brakes on a M715 just let off the gas and it almost stops on its own. People pull up beside me at stops all the time to tell me my brake lights don't work I just tell them I have to push the bake pedal to turn them on.

Quote Originally Posted by ELB View Post
    Brakes who needs brakes on a M715 just let off the gas and it almost stops on its own. People pull up beside me at stops all the time to tell me my brake lights don't work I just tell them I have to push the bake pedal to turn them on.
    I live in the mountains. Ohio is flat country. But I know what u mean. 1st gear practically stops the thing lol

I did the Econoline F350 brake conversion, works great!
    Thanks for all the help!

That cool, glad that you got a chance to take it for a spin
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Glad you got it out on the road. Always a good feeling when you're behind the wheel. Hope all is well with your little one.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"