Thread: Seats

Default Seats

When I bought my truck years ago, it had an anonymous civvy bench seat installed which is long gone after moving this project through three states over 12 years. Anyone got a line on complete original seats, or a suitable civvy replacement? I'm wondering if the vintage replacement seats for an old M38 or CJ-5 would be adaptable? I'd prefer stock...

Thanks,
    Jay

How bout civi seats from a FSJ. Wouldn't they bolt up?

Jay, Nice to see you back online. Write Sermis. I have his M715 here in my class and he has me putting HMMT seats in it. His stock frames are good. I have them at home. I will be coming to Temple sometime before August to pick up some other parts from him and can bring the seat frames then.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I'll do that Barrman. And it is good to be back and I'm excited about getting my truck on the road after so many years. I drop into Giddings every now and then for the City Meat Market, I'll drop you a line next time before we go.

Please do. I have spent every evening this week helping one of my Scouts do his Eagle project a block away from the BBQ place. It is tough being down wind of the cooking and the place not open to go get some. (They only open in the morning for the lunch crowd and close when they run out of meat.)
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Currently on e-bay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-new-BUCKET...item1e6c52111b The guy is ffantazija11 in Arizona. Search e-bay sellers. E-mail him through e-bay. These seats are taken out of Chrysler Town&Country van conversions for wheel-chair vans. I bough a black set that I have not yet installed in my M725.

Hope this helps
    Mike Cougler, MSgt, USAF Retired, '72-93
    '67 M725, VIN 10030, Delivery: 7/67
    Rochester, NY

Zoners,

I finally installed my new black Chrysler minivan seats. For the passenger seat, I had to cut the welds and unscrew the front hinge to take the top half of the seat off the base. And, I had to use my saws-all to cut about 2" off each side of the seat's base plate. I drilled holes in a piece of 11-gauge steel plate to bolt the new seat to the old base. After this custom fabrication/modification, it fits fine, and it slides and folds down nicely. And they are extremely comfortable and the back tilts just right.

The driver's seat was much easier. I removed the four nuts to remove the top "sliding" part of the seat frame from the base. I again used a piece of 11-gauge steel plate to adapt the six mounting bolts from the new seat to the original seat base.

The only thing wrong with these new seats, is they are cloth and will get dirty faster than vinyl. Yes, I will post a picture in my homepage album in a few days.

Currently I am re-covering the six rear ambulance seat foam pads with marine-grade black vinyl from JoAnn's Fabric. I purchased new foam, but I decided to use the original foam. It was more firm, heavy-duty, already cut to size, and better quality. The whole job was easy to do with a staple gun, phillips screwdriver, and lots of time and patients. Have on hand a few 1/4x20 T-nuts and 3/4" long phillips screws; some of mine were rusted in place and so far, only one has snapped off.
    Mike Cougler, MSgt, USAF Retired, '72-93
    '67 M725, VIN 10030, Delivery: 7/67
    Rochester, NY