Thread: Correct cj series conversion radiator

Default Correct cj series conversion radiator

I've searched cj to chevy v8 engine conversion radiator . Does anyone know if this is the "drop right in" radiator? Ebay: Radiators r us
    manufacturer part #205054
    New jeep cj series aluminum radiator conversion to chevy v8 engine. $295
    I ask this because when you search this on ebay it breaks the cj series down to 2 or 3 years per radiator at $344 each. Except this one which is from a different seller.
    Thanks, Andy

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

If its for a "CJ" and its for a V8 conversion, then its the right radiator. They only made one CJ, at least in terms of the area under the hood, and the hose connections are on the lower right for the bottom hose and upper left for the top hose. In an M715, that will work with either a stock 230 or a Chevy V8 swap.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Thanks Randy
    I figured it was the right one, i wanted to make sure after i seen how they were seperated by years by another seller.

It isn't quite a "drop right in" but almost. The bolt holes don't line up exactly so you will need to do a little work to elongate a couple holes in the flange.

I am planning on using one myself. I purchased it from an ad on craigslist. It looks like new and passes a pressure. It is a three core copper and brass radiator. I gave $50 for it.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

In the scheme of M715 world, it is a drop in. Two of the holes (either bottom or top) will line up. The other two (your choice) do need to be elongated, but its no more than 1/4".

I usually use the set of holes that will allow the radiator to sit the lowest for hood clearance.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

It would be nice if i could find a like new radiator for 50 bucks.
    I'm building a garage right now along with personalizing my truck and its kicking my tail.
    I just bought a chevy 350 for it with all the accessories so i may convert the truck to 12 volts. The radiator is the last expensive part ( i think ) i need to get started on the swap. Now i just need to remember to use the right holes to keep the radiator low. Then again when i'm doing something to my truck i search as much as i can to see how others acheived the same project. Done rambling
    Andy

I know I didnt pay over 180.00 for mine but I cannot remember where I bought it. I redrilled all the holes in mine but was no big deal.

Hey Chris,
    I paid $291 for my radiator today.
    It's made by Northern Factory, Aluminum 2 row with 1 inch tubes.
    These particular ones are made in IL.
    One more piece of the never ending puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Hey Chris,
    I paid $291 for my radiator today.
    It's made by Northern Factory, Aluminum 2 row with 1 inch tubes.
    These particular ones are made in IL.
    One more piece of the never ending puzzle.
    Not too bad of a price Andrew. I did find them on eBay a bit cheaper (260.00 shipped). I am sometimes leery of eBay sellers, but I made a purchase from KMJ on eBay for some other stuff I used on my 715. All good. They even sent a catalog of their products too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Rad...691#vi-content
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Thanks for the link Flingarrows,
    I just wished i got it sooner, it would've saved me 33 bucks.
    I ordered mine straight from Northern factory over the phone.
    Ebay makes me a little leery also, but i have bought a few things off there with good results. The latest was a military ladder.