Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your 715 today?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by BBM715 View Post
    I have a set of Saturn Sky seats waiting on my next project and they are great - got them for like $25 at the local yard.
    Oh no.

Next, I see cupholders, and MP3 input on the stereo, and (horrors) power windows.....may as well just trade in that 715 for a Prius.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Hey! I HATE those things!! I actually have to remind myself NOT to hit them on the road - it's not so much the car as the attitude of the drivers. Like they are better then everyone for trying to be green - I love telling them that the environmental impact they are having is waaaaaaay worse than the old trucks I drive.

As for the seats - I pulled CJ seats out of my truck for a NOS set I got from Barry! (though I am waiting on Gimpy to bring me a Deuce pass seat for free )
    भगवान तुम्हें प्यार करता है

I love the seats I have although near as I (and Joe) can tell they may have come out of a boat being as the front is rounded off, they are very comfy though but I think they need some canvas to make them look nice.
    Chris

and as for the convo turning to prius's talk to the guys over at SS about what they are good for
    Chris

I cut out a section of an old truck bed before it goes to scrap.

I welded it in where my rocker was suffering from excessive iron moss.

It's not done yet but it already looks better than it did.

Pretty good idea jeeper. Keep
    Us posted.

I took a vacation day today. This afternoon I got a few little things done:
    • wipers permanently wired
    • dash LED light connected to manual glow plug switch (old starter button on trans tunnel)
    • Heater switch installed and wired
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Spent the day playing Frankenstein with parts from my new (to me) engine I got from Jordanspowell22 got to meet him and see his project the other day when i went to get the new motor everything went well. I'd post pix but my hosting site is being a pain. I also found out that it might have been more then just a stress crack on the old block I pulled the oil pan and found parts of the lower end of a cylinder/bearing in there not sure if it was a rod on the top end that came loose but it's looking more like something failed and not me..... Although I kinda wish it was me then I would better understand what i did wrong....
    Chris

The Wife's Mustang is in the shop so I've been driving it to work all week so she can have the Cherokee if she needs to go somewhere.
    Also today I used it to pick up my 4 brand spanking new Superlugs from my tire guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking Larry View Post
    The Wife's Mustang is in the shop so I've been driving it to work all week so she can have the Cherokee if she needs to go somewhere.
    Also today I used it to pick up my 4 brand spanking new Superlugs from my tire guy.
    Put some pictures up once you get them mounted!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15