Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 715s everyone loves them.Get more attention than a new vet.

Default 715s everyone loves them.Get more attention than a new vet.

I was just thinking(scary I know). I have made two recovery trips for 715s and both were trailered back. One is FD yellow the other faided red compleat with all the tree sap from sitting for years. But even dispite this everywhere I went with both of them u would have thought there was a swim suit addition photo shoot taking place on that trailer.
    I got everything from just a big grin with a thumbs up, honks from big rigs(disturbing when u r be side them and not expecting it) getting cornerd at fuel stops(101 ? I love to share my limited knowage of our trucks all learned here) fair warning to the other newbees like me. Don't take the kaiser if u have limited time even if it's not running and u just pulled it out of the weeds.
    I had folks ask to take pictures of them & with them. Came out of a store and had guys & girls in it on it and under it checking it out. Can't imagin how all the guys with completed(lol r they ever done) trucks ever get anything done if they take there truck. Seems like regardless of the condishion everyone can't help themselves. From 9 to 90 every one loves and gravitates to our trucks.
    Anyone else have any cool story's. I know u all get the same reactions.

Some people appreciate something good when they see it.

Make up a sheet with some info on it, and you can pass those out and save yourself alot of time with the same questions.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Never thought of that really great idea.(+I can make lots of copies at work).

Default M715 Transport

Can relate, I picked up my first M715 on 2/24 trailering it through several towns, lots of head pending. Part of the way i was driving behind and laughing at the men old and young looking in their side mirriors as they passed the truck. Most of the ladies were looking at the driver? We did stop to get lunch and a small crowd was around it when we came out (well 3 guys).

Later:

When I picked up my 725 everyone would slow down and pull away from the truck like they were afraid of it lol

I got saluted by a road working hauling mine home.

This was my last build, about 95% complete here. It gets more looks, I built it the way I want, no buyers remorse. And best of all, its paid for, cash as the build went along, and even coverage up to $15K is cheaper then my 06 F150.

So for a better looking truck that I built and like, I think Im on the old school band wagon for now. I will still keep a newer car for a DD to work thats good on gas. But Im liking the old school ones and have plans to build more.

I even bought this for basically scrap iron price, I dont know why, but it was such a good deal I had to get it.

I even emailed a guy tonight about trading my 06 F150 for a 69 Bronco that he is selling to get something else thats family friendly.

Its not just M715's, its anything old and built and restored, they look good going down the road.

I drive only military vehicles for everything. The hands down attention getter is the M715. The Dueces scare people. The CUCV's just get ignored and the M trailers just get smiles.

A few summers ago when I had the top off the M715 and my roadster doors on. I picked up a flat fender CJ and towed it home with the M715. That was for sure my most attention getting drive.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

No doubt about it. I've been doing car shows and cruise night for the better part of 30 years. My son and I built a stunning 1997 Z/28 Camaro. Bought it new, took it apart and started from the ground up. The cars only got 6,000 total miles on it. Never even been in the rain. We installed a John Lingenfelter motor, new drive train, suspension, tires, wheels, rollcage,etc. It puts out 650hp at the rear wheels. With 10" slicks at the dragstrip, it leaves the line with the front end up about 12 inches off the track. All this said, when we park next to each other at a show/cruise night, my 715 gets most of the attention. Yes, some of the younger gearheads lean his way, but for the most part the truck is what they ask most about. I love the attention and the questions I get. Being 61 years old at a cruise night, it helps to have a military vehicle that people like to come over and talk about. Can't wait for summer to get here and we can do it all over again. Making up a data sheet to hand out sounds like a great idea. Not that I don't like to answer questions, but sometimes their's just to many people all asking at once. I'm going to work on a data sheet before this summer begins. Thanks for the idea.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

The most attention I have ever had so far is last year on the way home from Conneauts D Day reenactment in OH. My wifes family and friends took nine different military vehicles and on the way home we convoyed. We pulled of at a rest stop and I could not believe the number of people who pulled in be hind us just to look at them.

Hey ELB, nice feeling isn't it? You guys had you own personal convoy, how cool is that. One military vehicle gets their attention, a group of them gets you an audience. Nicely done.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"