Thread: interco tires went bankrupt???

Default interco tires went bankrupt???

i called about some swampers today at this tire place i use and they told me interco went bankcupt last year and got bought out but another company but there really not pressing out many swampers right now....... crazy i guess i might have to switch to military tires later if this is true......

Last I heard is Dennman (sp?) tire went out of business which made most of the Interco's tires. Most of the Swampers were on backorder forever but about 6 months or so ago they started shipping pretty regular again.
    1967 M715 w/ 454 and TH400

Call Interco direct and talk to them. Some of the tires they are making. They can tell you which ones are being made and when/if the tires you want will be available.My local tire shop had been turning customers away saying interco was no longer in business.Even told me that when i tried to order my tires from them. When i got my tires and took them to them to mount he told me my tires must be old. He then went to check the date of manufacture on the tires. He was suprised they were 1 month old! SOOOO then he called his distributor and told them to get back in touch with Interco Tires. This has been 6 or 8 months ago. 41x14.5x16 Irok radials.
    Andy

Dang it man!
    Interco makes some of them most useful tires around for really off roading.
    The government should have bailed them out.
    Instead the government bailed out one car company that was bought by Fiat and another company that keeps on making over priced cars that with a few exceptions we don't want.
    Oh yeh and bail out the Banks so they can give themselves bonuses and parties.
    We need our Boggers,TSLs, and Irocs!!!!

No Interco didn't go bankrupt, there was a lot of miss-information floating around. The problem was when Denman went bankrupt (they made tires for Interco) and was bought by Titian Tire. Now it looks Interco is shifting/shifted a large portion of their production overseas to China, if not all of it...

07/16/10 - Titan Tire Announces Purchase of Denman Tire Machinery & Equipment
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...16/487597.html

Here's some old chatter from pirate:
    Denman Tire (Interco) in trouble?
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865402

Perhaps new Interco news....
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=901868
    - Luke
    1968 M715 the Monolith

Quote Originally Posted by m715 View Post
    Now it looks Interco is shifting/shifted a large portion of their production overseas to China, if not all of it...

I guess I'll never buy Interco tires if this is true...
    1967 M715 w/ 454 and TH400

Quote Originally Posted by das beef View Post
    i might have to switch to military tires later if this is true......
    I ordered 4 military tires from the dealer in Texas ,and am having trouble getting my complete order. Am not going to say a lot yet. Will give them a chance to rectify the problem first. Just a buyer beware.
    DaveJ

I like my Goodyear 42 inch MTR's. I try to buy American made whenever possible. The price was within a few bucks of the Interco bias ply tires in the same size, and about $300 cheaper per tire than the 40 inch BFG tire. I like the Kevlar and they are supposed to be surprisingly smooth on road for a mud/rock tire.

If you want something a little bigger, here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOODYEAR-AT-...51990025661357

I ran the Goodyear MTR on my 03 Rubicon.
    They had a fairly soft compound.
    They were great on the rocks.
    Not the best in mud.
    Wore pretty quick on the street.
    I have not tried the new tread pattern.
    I wish all the magazines and TV shows did not tell everyone what a deal the military tires were.
    Seems like the military tire prices have went up a bunch.

I still have the original MT-R's on my '06 Rubicon Unlimited & have just passed 62,000 miles on them. Though I rotate them every 8,000 miles & keep them aired to 40 lbs. I have really enjoyed them except for the fact that they're a bit skittish in the rain. I'm not totally sold on the the Kevlar MT-r's tread pattern for longevity or wet traction. I'm looking at the duratracs for my next set of tires. I have TSL's on my '715 & other than being cheap, won't buy another set. Scarey on packed snow! Though the truck doesn't see snow but once every 15 years. Heck it hasn't seen rain in 5 years! Next go around on the '715 will be something radial. I've had nothing but great service from Goodyears in my 35 years of driving.