Thread: SOA leaf spring

Default SOA leaf spring

I pulled the front axle tonight, I also did the shackle reversal today on the rear.

How many leafs are you guys pulling to get A good ride? Im thinking that keeping the top 5 on the front will give A better ride

take out the 1st and 3rd from the bottom i did that when i spring over swap. and it feels alot nicer. i need to do the same to the rear....
    68 383ls1 4l80e NP241 37s 4:11

I pulled one of the middle ones out of each pack but my rear still rides rough.

What size tire do you plan on running?
    Removing springs leaves sounds good.
    In stock form they flex 1" with 2500lbs in bed.
    Please take pictures and make a post showing how much you lifted it.

i did'nt pull any out ha ruff rider

I pulled 1st and 3rd out of the rear 5 years ago and just this weekend I yanked the front axle out after breaking a leaf spring mount and I'll be springing it over and removed the 1st and 3rd leaf as well.

Speaking of SOA anyone know what taper bit to redrill the tie rod arms from above with after I weld them shut?

I bought a Xkut taper, I believe its the standard D44/60 one. Found it on their site by aplication not degree
    When all else fails, GABFH.

I think it's a 1 1/2" to the foot taper. Theres a write up in here somewhere with an x-cut number as well.